Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yet Another Unique Weekend!

Does this surprise anyone? I didn't think so...

Friday night was perhaps the most of the normal days, but it quickly changed to a 'wow' experience when one of Cary's old friends got in touch with him via email. One really neat things about this situation is that I started reading her blog and found that one of her sons has autism, which I have for years said that I would love to become a psychologist and study.
And we also visted Babies R Us, just to daydream a little... :o)

On Saturday Cary and I met with Autumn, Jim, and Evan for lunch (see previous post). Indian and an old friend--can't beat that! Afterwards, it was time for a nap (can't get over how incredibly tired I have been lately). For the evening, Cary and I decided to pick up Helen, our niece and go for the evening to my parents house.


Wall-E, pizza, games, and music filled our evening. Let me tell ya: the McFaddens have some sort of musical talent hidden within them because Cary and Helen took turns playing the dulcimer and ukelele, and they did it well! The evening ended with a thunderstorm and a Christmas sing-along. Oh yeah--and Chester? In heaven with his buddy Helen to play with!


Sunday morning began with more thunderstorms at 3:30 in the morning (I didn't have to hide in the closet in fear!), and then we woke up at 10:00, to get ready for our weekly trip to Gary and Brenda's. Just as we were starting to leave, we got a call: their electricity was out due to the storm.



So plans were quickly changed and before you could say "So much for a typical Sunday", Cary and I were cleaning the apartment, waiting for our visitors. Cary even made a quick trip to the grocery store for milk (and Tandoori chicken fixins!). When Gary, Brenda and Helen got here, Brenda made her way to the kitchen and started whipping up lunch for the day: chicken and rice.


Not long after we fixed some coffee, hot cocoa, and tea, Brad and Faith showed up. To me it was a great time getting to play host to our in-laws for once (the last time was Cary's birthday party) and we had a delicious lunch and then brownies for dessert, with a game of 42.



It was about 2:30 when everyone decided to pack up and go our separate directions: Brad, Faith, and Helen back to Sulphur Springs and Gary and Brenda back to the house to see if the electricity was back on. Cary and I followed them to see about finishing up our laundry, only to have the power go out once more! (thank goodness we did most of the laundry on Saturday night!)

Let me tell ya: I'm exhausted!!! What a fun weekend, and a great time to see our families! I like the change of pace, and hopefully letting everyone feel welcome into our cozy apartment.

Chester loved his seeing his little human buddy this weekend, and showing off his new tricks (catching a ball and standing on his back feet). Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

MommyTof3 said...

LOLOL-get used to being wayyyy tired....{{HUGS}}

Cary said...

and this was supposed to be a slow weekend. Just wait untill this coming one.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...