Monday, May 11, 2009

Saying Goodbye In Peace...

On Friday evening, my beautiful friend/coworker Penny lost her husband (of over 30 years) Kraig to his kidney failure.


The most beautiful part of this story, which I asked for prayers in previous posts (1, 2), is that he accepted Christ as his Savior not long before his passing, making it a more peaceful passing for both of them. Thank you for all the prayers that went out for this couple.

Kraig struggled with a lot of pain and demons through his months before, during, and after dialysis, and Penny stayed strong for both of them and by his side through it all. As Kraig was slowly slipping away from her, he told Penny that he loved her very much and that he knew she would have the support she needs to help her get through this passing.


Our other dear friend/coworker, Eugenia, was by Penny's side when he took his last breath. Many other friends had come to be with her as well. And I am so thankful that she has friends like that in her life. With the love from all of these people, she will get through this. And with a beautiful rainbow at the end.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I will continue to keep your friend in my prayers and hope she has continued peace during this difficult time.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...