Thursday, April 15, 2010

1, 2, 3 O'Clock, 4 O'Clock Rock...

5, 6, 7 O'Clock, 8 O'Clock Rock










9, 10, 11 O'Clock, 12 O'Clock Rock










We're gonna rock around the clock tonight!









And that is exactly what we did--last night!

What was originally a plan to go to the McFadden's house to help set up a new tv turned into a skirt fest for the women.

On Monday I read that Brylee's daycare was having a 50's day on Thursday, and growing up, I LOVED the 50's and poodle skirts...so Brylee HAD to have a poodle skirt for herself!

Brylee's Oma used to make most of the McFadden clothes, so she has a lot of experience with making skirts. She even made her wedding dress! Me, on the other hand, have never touched a sewing machine in my life (except to go retrieve it for my parents...).

2 outfits that Brenda put together for her young ones!

I would love to learn how to sew, but just like learning how to knit, it is on the back burner for now, just because of obvious reasons. And after last night, I think I'll start with pillows...

Brenda was so wonderful, and seemed to be excited, too, about assisting in making this skirt. So on Tuesday, Cary, Brylee, and I went out to JoAnn Fabrics to purchase the needed supplies (felt, elastic, and the all-important poodle iron-on). On Wednesday, the pressure was on.

I was glad that I got to assist, but I noticed that I was slow, and not so strong with cutting circles out of felt. But I wanted to make sure that the entire task was not on Brenda. But she can cook (sew) up a mean skirt!

Of course Cary had to have his fun with all of it as well...



We finished last night about 8:30, and this morning, I was eager to get her in that skirt and see the magic occur.













Success!!!













Our little one looks absolutely adorable in her new skirt!!! And as much as I tried to help with the process, I want to make sure everyone knows that Brenda is the true star--she is incredible--and patient, especially with her daughter-in-law's persistence for a silly skirt at the last minute! Thank you so much Brenda!!!

Looking at the camera now at the daycare, they are showing off the skirt--they (the adults who know what is going on) love it!











Rock those socks off kid!

8 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Precious, I love it!!!!

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

Your lucky to have such a talented OMA, Brylee. Thanks Brenda.

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

aint she cute!

Jenn said...

From Melissa Dahlvig via Facebook:

That Is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!!

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

hehehe FUN!

Jenn said...

From Dawn Bethke via Facebook:

Absolutely adorable!!!

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

Thank you guys! for a last minute suggestion, it really came together well!

Jenn said...

From Amy Corry via Facebook:

I Love it!! It looks as if Bryee loves the skirt too!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...