Monday, April 26, 2010

Catching Up...

Yet another busy weekend...

Cary took off of work on Friday, mostly to relax and just have some time to himself. Actually, he and Chester went to visit his dad, and from description, it was a pretty nice, good day involving a car wash and a geo-cache hunt.

When I got home from work, I was surprised with the Sherlock Holmes dvd, 2 Alice In Wonderland drinking glasses, a yummy candy bar (never had it before--but I want more now!), and Brylee got an adorable little dress that Cary spontaneously purchased for us. Yes, we are very loved and spoiled!

We took the dress back to Target because it was a 3 month size, and while Brylee can wear it now, I wanted her to be able to wear it longer--it is so cute! So now, she has a 6 month size dress that is pretty big on her, but the bloomers crack me up because they are falling off of her little rear end! Cary has great taste--I think I'll have him pick her clothing from us from now on!

On Saturday, Cary and I took the two little ones to Cary's parents' house where we had a delicious meal of bar-b-que, mashed potatoes, and delicious Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. We played a couple of games of Bananagrams (if you've never played, it's so fun!), and then said goodbye to our sweet baby, dropped off Chester at my parents house, and went to church.

After church, we had big plans to go to dinner and then to swing dance, something we haven't done in over a year. I miss it a lot, and would do it more often, but the hard part is, they start so late at night. 8:00 for a trainer/refresher, and then the big fun starts at 9:00. And these days, come 9:30, I'm ready to sleep.

So we had dinner at Carinos, and by the time we were out, we were so drowsy from the food, we did exactly what I suspected we would do: went home and fell asleep. Alas, swing dancing, how I yearn for you--someday, I will be rested and ready to go again!!!

Sunday was a Jarvis family-chaotic fun day. Cary, Brylee, mom, dad, and I met my aunt Amy, cousin Stacy, and Granny at Fuddruckers in Grapevine for a delicious lunch of burgers. I love eating here, especially since you can 'dress' your burgers the way you want. The most memorable of the dressing? I happen to grab way more pickles than I wished. I literally had enough for the entire table! Mmmm...

Afterwards, we all headed to Grapevine Mills, where we managed to walk, lose someone who went into a store, find said person, start walking around again, slow down because we were all window shopping, see a train go through the mall about 5 times, hurry up just to slow down again.

Look for hats (for Brylee), found adorable hats (for Brylee), and never got said hats (for Brylee). See a little girl that didn't look much older than Brylee (must have been the lack of hair), but then when we saw her in the Disney store, she was walking! Mom found out that she is actually 1 year old! So, now we have a glimpse of what our little one will look like when she starts walking!


Oddly enough, I didn't get much in the way of pictures, but here is one of the 2 lone guys taking a break while the women went crazy at Old Navy. Cary found some coloring pages, and dad just went into his own world, probably glad to be free from the crazy ones for just a short time.


Old Navy is where mom found a couple of adorable outfits for Brylee to have and wear for the summer time. What a lucky kid!

In other news, we started Brylee on the fun colorful foods last week, starting with green peas. She was not the most fond of them, making faces every time we snuck a spoonful in. She would lock up her lips and refuse to take anything else in, just in case it was more green goo. We would alter the peas with her rice cereal, which she readily ate and was eager for another bite, but once the green snuck in again, her lips locked up once more...



On Sunday it was time to try a new veggie, so this time we opted for carrots, with a much better result. She still makes the occasional face, but I think it is because she is getting used to something other than bland. But she doesn't lock her lips up and willingly takes in more bites. Tonight we will hopefully finish up the last of the open carrot container, and then time to decide what to experiment with her on next!


Poor kid has been learning and playing hard these last few days.
I put her in her high chair last night to get ready for another feeding after she fell asleep in my arms. Oddly enough, the kid never woke up, and only did so as I moved her around to get a bib around her neck.



She's growing so much!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

From BradMc via Facebook:

I cant wait to see you guys this weekend.

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

Aint she cute

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...