Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Successful Treasure Hunting






On Thursday, Cary and I stepped out once again to go geocaching, or as I like to think of it, treasure hunting.




We trekked back to the bus stop where we attempted our last hunt, and this time, Cary immediately saw it. How? It was a tiny, thin black box attached to a black bench!

But none the less: Success!




After signing the log and taking pictures, we headed home, plotting out our adventures for the future hunts. It gives a fresh look to going walking, making me eager to get out there, even as the summer heat looms in front of us.




On Saturday, Brad, Faith, and Helen came to Dallas for a visit, and Brad and Helen, being seasoned geocachers, decided that we should go on another treasure hunt. So during the rainy, cool afternoon, we all headed out to a location about a mile away seeking to get our hands and feet muddy. Ok. Not really muddy. But it sure does make for good writing!




We found the cache, signed our names (no hidden treasure--just a log), and walked our way back home, to where we found a sleeping baby, 2 grandparents, and some delicious food.




Sunday was almost another treasure hunting day, this time with my dad, but due to the rain, we decided to wait for a little less dampness.




I really enjoy this hunting thing, and maybe perhaps someday we will hide our own cache. Maybe I'll even dress as a pirate when we trek our way to 'find ye treasure'. Or, maybe I'll just hold onto Chester's leash or push Brylee's stroller.




Arrggghhh!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

From Jacqueline Marchioni via Facebook:

That sounds fun. Do you have to have a GPS to do that?

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

it helps. but so far we have not needed one. i just put the coordinates in Google. also there are apps for the iphone and Droid that will direct you.
www.geocaching.com

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...