Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby Product Review: Nosefrida


(photo coursety of Babies R Us)


Anyone ever hear of this thing?



I learned of it from one of my co-workers who has 2 little ones. She raved about this product, and whenever I checked out the reviews online, I saw tons of additional positive comments. So Cary and I decided to check it out.



This is the weirdest, possibly most gross-me-out concept, but it works. It is a nasal aspirator that is not like the bulb syringes. You put one end against the baby's nostrils, and the other end...in your mouth. Inhale with your mouth, and you have suction that reminds you of a tiny vaccum cleaner.

No worries! There is a filter that is in the tube, which keeps gunk coming up. And the tube is big enough that I have yet to worry about that filter becoming the only safety net between my mouth and gooby-boogers.

Unfortunately, Brylee screams like she is dying when we use this to unclog her nose, but afterwards, it is very obvious how much better she breathes. And with a less invasive tool!

I would love to give this to my friends as a gift for their new babies, but I know that it is a gross concept. But perhaps I will do so anyways, just because it might be a stress-saver for them in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am not going to lie, I am a little disturbed by the idea of this :) ~ Erica

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...