Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The No-Luck Geocaching

Ever done this?


You place coordinates into your GPS, and off you go treasure hunting!

My dad and mom has done this a few times, my brother-in-law and niece have as well. Last night Cary, Brylee, Chester, and I attempted our first 1st (and 2nd)...with no results.

The first one I can see why we wouldn't find right away. It is between roads on a little island that has trees and water. When it rains, the island floods, so I started wondering if it had been washed away. So after a short time of looking (we need more daylight, and an easier way to transport the kid across a super busy street), we went to the next location.

This one is located at a bus stop, but by the time we got there, it was getting pretty dark outside, but we searched until we (Cary) started getting bit by the mosquitoes. We dug through bushes, climbed on top of the bench...all to no avail. So we walked back home, disappointed, but already planning our next trip out. This time we'll remember a pen to sign the log!...if we find it!

Check out this site, and if you are interested in a small treasure hunt or two, grab a pen, your GPS, and a small little item to trade out in the chest. But, don't get ahead of me in the hunts, 'k?

:o)

Happy hunting!

3 comments:

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

Good thing Cary was wearing the Safety Green shirt. You might have lost him in the dark. We will all try to go soon.

Brad McFadden said...

ummm I found it. take a flashlight and look for a tiny thing about the size of a matchbox.

Jenn said...

From Tammy Britton via Facebook:

Arent these fun!! We do them up camping:) Some are dang hard though...LOLOL

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...