Sunday, April 11, 2010

An Artful Weekend

On Friday night, Cary and I got to go enjoy the spring evening in Ft. Worth at their annual Main Street Art Fair. We have been 3 years now, and every year I seem to enjoy it more. This year, I even found 2 artists I really enjoy:

Jennifer O'Meara Gallery of Window Gardens


Someday, when we have walls to fill up, I'll be getting some of their work to decorate with!

The evening was wonderful, with the weather perfect and the variety of art that is out there. Other than the crowded streets (you are pretty much pushed along with the people surrounding you), the only downfall are the people who light up cigars. Please, people, think about others before you insist on bringing cigars to that environment!




On Saturday, Cary and I headed to Downtown Dallas where we visited the Dallas Museum of Art and their exhibit Lens of Impressionism.

I don't know a lot about art, but I did enjoy seeing black and white photography on a wall next to a painting. Especially when the subjects were the same: one showing what the time was like, and then the other showing the emotions of it.

After checking out the exhibit and other exhibits (chocolate!), we headed out into the gorgeous Dallas day and decided to walk around a bit. We even found a little pizza restaurant to eat at, and walked to the Thanksgiving building a few blocks away. There was even a young girl dressed in a beautiful pink dress, probably for her quinceanera.
Just as I convinced Cary to take this picture of her walking down the sidewalk, a horse-drawn carriage turned the corner. What a magical scene!

What a glorious day!

After walking around for a bit, we headed back to the Coppell area where we picked up the little one, who had a busy weekend herself, and headed to my parents' for the evening. Dad even got a rare chance to go to a Globetrotter's game!


No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...