Monday, October 12, 2009

A Change Of Pace


So, how did you spend your Monday evening?

Cary and I did something that was very interesting: listening to Cary's brother's podcast.
I want to take a moment to promote this if I may (and it is my blog, so I don't see why not). Brad and Faith have a podcast called Two Blind Squirrels:

http://mylifeministries.org/blogs/twoblindsquirrels/

Maybe it's because they are my family, but I find them very funny and entertaining. I don't get a chance to listen as much as I want, but whenever I can, I do enjoy it.

But tonight was a special night. Cary decided to annoy Brad and Faith by challenging them to play every phone message that is left for them. If they do, then Cary would donate $1 for every call taken ($2 for first time callers) for a charity called Podcasting for Water.

They are about to go on 3 hours now. Both have to get up in the morning for work (Brad has a 1 1/2 hour drive!) and they are gettting delirious. I think they'll have to go longer than I can. Cary's goal is to have them stay up until 1 or 2 a.m. I think...
I have a feeling Christmas will be bare this year with all the calls they are taking. But it's for a good cause, so go Two Blind Squirrels, and I support you all the way!
Seriously--I love them. If you get a chance, check out their site and listen to a podcast!
**UPDATE**--Cary says Brad and Faith got off around 11:40 last night, and raised quite a bit of money for Podcast Water For Life!
Good job everyone, and thank you for contributing to helping us get poor! (just kidding--I'm extremely proud of my family and the work they have done!)

2 comments:

TJ/Mom said...

You will be giving us an update of how late Faith and Brad were up correct?

Cary said...

Final tally:
150 calls
4 1/2 hours (ending at 11:38)
30 live viewers
atleast $186 raised (some pledged individual amounts, i don't know how much that was.

Good job everyone!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...