Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Staycation Day 4

Day 4 of our vacation, we woke up early and ate breakfast (Cary loves his vacation breakfast of eggs, sausage, and orange juice!)




We then decided to go to IKEA, but we dropped Chester off in my parents' backyard so that he could enjoy some time chasing cars and whatever else came around the corner. Dad was home when we got there, so we surprised him with a visit from his granddog.







IKEA is always such an experience, but this time we were on a mission to find a shelf for Brylee's room to store her still-growing collection of stuffed animals. It didn't take too long to find the perfect shelf for her, but it took longer to walk the rest of the way through the store to get the item and then check out. Along the way, we found yet another stuffed animal set to add--poor kid isn't going to know what to do with all of these!





After IKEA, we had just enough time to grab a bite to eat and then drive to Lewisville, where we surprised my dad on his last day for the clown skit for fire safety. Just like Friday when we saw it for the first time, it was wonderful. The clowns know what to do to entertain those kids, and hopefully get some safety lessons taught as well!








After the school skit Cary and I did a little driving around, checking out bookstores and Wal-Mart for a cd that Cary's brother wanted to buy but couldn't find. We found it! Victorious, we drove to my parents', picked up Chester, and drove back home where we (Cary) put together the bookcase. It fits in the room so well!

4 comments:

MommyTof3 said...

awh-sounds like you are enjoying your vacation-luv the bookcase filled with animals-dont worry abt too much-no such thing ;)LOLOLOL

The Guess Family said...

Yeah!!! Finally a picture of the "Baby Belly"!!! You look great!

I told your dad a few weeks ago, when we had fire safety week, that it made me just a little homesice! Hopefully some day my kids will get to see their Uncle Brian perform!!!

Autumn said...

I wish I had known you guys were coming to Frisco! We live a few minutes from IKEA, I would have swung by to say hello! That bookcase is awesome! We got one for Chloe when we moved back to Texas. We have it laying down long-ways and we put the IKEA bins in it to store her toys...great storage solution! Her room is looking great!

Brad McFadden said...

I love IKEA

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...