Saturday, October 24, 2009

Staycation Day 5



Let's see...we're on Wednesday now, right? Let's carry on!





This morning I had the joy of another appointment with the doctor to check my blood pressure. It was a rainy, dreary day (one of my favorites!) and we had breakfast at Le Peep. Mmm...eggs, 1 slice of bacon, potatoes, and a sliver of pancakes for me!









Since she is going to be out of the office for a couple of weeks, this was the last opportunity to meet with Dr. and reassure her that I am fine. And I did prove this to her. She said that the vacation at home was a very smart thing, but told me that work needed to change to keep that bp down. So I have to talk to my supervisor on Monday. Dr. will write a note if needed to speak about the importance of this less stress, or I will have to go home and be on bedrest.


Now, I do know that there are far more stressful jobs outside of mine. I did work in a vet for 6 years, with some of the most emotionally and stressful situations you can imagine (anyone who has worked in the medical field in any way understands). I like my current job because it does not have near as much stress....but still it is a call center. With agitated agents and their staff calling in. And October through January is the most stressful time of year for everyone. Calls waiting to be answered for several minutes, and each minute passing, their tempers potentially rising, just waiting to yell at the person that answers the other side. I have to either learn how to hold my own, or there is some serious changing that needs to happen!

ANYWAYS--we're talking about vacations, not work...




After we left the doctor, Cary and I went around, shopping and just enjoying the beautiful weather...the rain held steady all day long. 1/2 Price Books, lunch at a purple cafe (used to be the obnoxiously pink Celebrity Cafe) where Cary had an Apple Walnut Chicken sandwich--picture Apple pie stuffed into a chicken sandwich...yep...and he enjoyed it!






With a nap thrown into the mix, the night was focused on my parents coming over and having dinner with us. We had tacos and angel food cake for dessert, and played a game of Apples To Apples while watching Chester go crazy with the lazer pointer...All in all, an excellent day!




Please say a prayer regarding work. Obviously, I'm nervous about losing my job due to this change at the busiest time of year. But I will do what I can to work and balance everything out, and also keep my bp down. If I can convince them to do one thing for me, all should be good. But still...I need all the prayer I can get for this!

3 comments:

MommyTof3 said...

Ill be praying Jenn for your work situation{{HUGS}}

TJ/Mom said...

I think your employer will be understanding. As big as they are they have had this happen to a few other expectant mothers. I will keep you in my prayers.

Autumn said...

Prayers definately going up for you, Jenn.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...