Saturday, October 24, 2009

Staycation Day 7




Oh my, oh my! This day (Friday) was the most busy by far! Cary's job has a walking challenge in October, and with a pedometer attached, we found that we walked over 16,600 steps today!

But what an amazing day it has been. So amazing, I think I might have to use my 'picture speaks a thousand words' method for this post.

First, the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens:




The Rose Gardens:



And then, one of my favorite places to visit, the Japanese Gardens:







Our next stop was lunch at Quiznos:



After that, we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo!!!!
Warning: there are quite a few pictures here of animals. We all know how I ADORE animals, so I tried to just get in the best, or funniest and not overwhelm everyone with too many.

Also, one of the pictures may not be for the faint of heart (Brad)...













The great finale of the night (and week):

After dinner at Boston's, Cary drove us out to Carrollton/Plano area, where we caught a Lewisville Fighting Farmers football game!!!!!! I have not been to one in 12 years!

Though the Farmers did not do very well (52-7 for the final), I loved being in the atmosphere again, listening to the band and watching them march. It brought back so many memories of when I was marching, all of my best friends were at the games, my cousin was in the drill team...


The uniforms have changed, the marching style has changed, the band directors have changed...but my goodness, it was still my old high school and everything I knew and loved about being in the band...

Words can't describe how much fun this day was. I am sad that staycation is winding down and I go back to work on Monday, but I am so eternally grateful to Cary for making it the best experience we could have in the circumstances we were given.

And I am also so grateful to our Heavenly Father for making it one of the best vacations ever, even though I miss Cary's parents a lot, and was eager to see New England in the Fall. But because of Him, I got a great time with my parents, a magical time with my husband, and memories that I will be able to share with our children in the future. Get ready, Brylee...there is a lot for us to share with you!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...