Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Incredible Week(end)...

What an incredible first week we have had in our new home!



It started with our move: Sunday, mom and dad came by and helped us pack up and Monday, Gary and Brenda helped transport and unpack several boxes (also with mom's help). Mid-week I had an appointment with a dietician (insert sad face here) and had to start watching my food intake.

Fast forward to this weekend, where we arranged for my parents to come over so we could fix dinner for them to say 'thank you'. On Saturday afternoon, though, Gary and Brenda came and helped fix up the remaining storage shelves and unpack boxes.



After we were finished with that, I realized I had 1 1/2 hours to start dinner for my parents. Brenda was very adament about me getting it done. Apparently I don't quite have the skills to chop, browning, mixing, and layering quickly enough because by the time I was ready to put the dinner in the oven (Cheese Casserole--a McFadden favorite), we would have missed church. So I gave Cary the option of missing church, or cooking it after we got back (and making my parents wait for it to be prepared). We were both pretty tired, so we decided to clean up and relax, missing church. I called my parents and invited them over a little earlier, so we could have more time to eat and maybe play a game or two.



While kicking back and watching a little tv (oh yeah--the cable was hooked up too!) I saw a truck pull up in front of our patio. I have heard very little upstairs, so I was thinking someone was moving in because this truck had large boxes in it's bed. Chester, however, became very excited--and not barking the way strangers make him do so.


Cary then said something to him about seeing T-Ma (my mom) and Chester just wagged his tail faster and faster. Then I saw something different then mom: Cary's mom. In this truck I've never seen before?! And why do I see my dad, too?



Not long after we saw Brenda, Gary, mom, and dad, we were opening the door to see them carry in some large boxes...with Dawn (mom's awesome co-worker) and Craig's (her husband) help. Before you know it, our living room was full (a bigger size than our old one, but still...) with big boxes and presents...for a baby! Mom announced we were having a "Grandparent's Shower"...Dawn--we do wish you could have stayed, but thank you for your help--you're wonderful!



While I ran around in the kitchen finishing up dinner (washing the salad, cooking veggies and rolls) and making sure that we expanded the table and having enough plates, bowls, and glasses (a BIG thank you Brenda!!!!), Gary, dad, mom, and Cary had fun setting up this:




This:

And this:

1st wonderful memory of #1002--all 6 of us sitting together at our dining room table, eating dinner, talking, and laughing (and seeing Brylee's room become amazing!)




After dinner, Cary was eager to open gifts, and we were so blessed to receive:

Clothing

Monogramed burping cloths


Crib sheets and receiving blankets

Soft flannel blankets my mom made

And cute little rattles!

All of which Cary was quick to make this:
But I think the biggest blessing we have is the family that are our biggest supports with this little baby we are bringing into this world.

Brenda, Mom, Gary, and Poppy--Words cannot express the thanks that we have for having you in our lives and the joy you bring to us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for these gifts and the help you have given us as we have moved into our new home.

There is nothing on this earth that I can do to say Thank You enough, to pay back even in a tiny way for everything you have done for us the last 2 years, and all of our lives. Brylee is the luckiest little girl in the world to have grandparents like you!

3 comments:

Mom/Tressia/TMA said...

The only thing I wish is we would have had a cake, brownies, cookie or cupcakes to make it an official Baby Shower.Thanks for being so understanding that I just ran out of time. But cake or no cake,we had a very good time! To many more memories!

Autumn said...

That is awesome, Jenn! You and Cary are just so absolutely blessed to have such wonderful families!

The Guess Family said...

Looks like her room is off to a great start! She will be here before you know it!!! Do you have gestational diabetes??? If so, are you planning to schedule a c-section?

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...