Sunday, October 18, 2009

Staycation Day 1

Saturday was originally set aside for Cary and I to fly out at 6:30 a.m. (eek! that's early!) and land in Boston around 11:00. We were then going to walk around and Cary was going to show me the sites. He had lived there for a month when he had just become a pilot, and I was so excited to see this city. Later, his parents would swing by, pick us up, and then we would drive to the rented house we have in Vermont.

Of course, from the previous post, you can see that this didn't happen. Instead, Cary and I made the most of what we had by going to Central Market, Southlake Town Center, and then visited my parents and going out for a night of putt-putt!





At Central Market, we got some coffee for Cary, but I was so excited about seeing the hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins and gourds. I wanted to bring some home with me, but Cary knew there wouldn't be a place to decorate in this apartment for all the ones I found with 'personality'.
But that's ok. Mom, dad, and the two of us are going to go visit next weekend. Yay!


We walked around Southlake Town Square, which is set up like a small town with the buildings full of shops. I love Eddie Bauer, Starbucks, Container Store, and now, this little gourmet ice cream shop we found.
But my favorite store there is Crate and Barrel. We spent so much time there, looking at all of the things we would love to add to our collection, and taking pictures.
If you didn't know this, once Cary gets the camera, watch out--he likes to turn anything he sees into art. And I love every bit of it!













After walking around for a little bit (and having some ice cream!) we decided that we should invite my parents to go putt-putting. So after dropping off the mutt in their backyard--Chester LOVES being outside--we went to dinner at Applebees.
After that, we drove out to Dallas to a cool golf/putt-putt/baseball cages place, where we played 1 4/5 rounds of mini golf. Yep...we had 3 holes left of our second course when we got kicked out because they were closing. And mom and I were ruling this game!
As for stats for the night, dad and Cary each had a hole in one, and mom had 3 (thanks to help from Cary on one of them!). I did terrible myself, but none the less I did have a lot of fun. We were encouraged by Cary to get creative with a couple of holes that were winding and tall, but had disasterous results!

Also at one point, Cary lost his golf ball in a rose bush. His poor hand is slightly scratched up from having to dig through them to retrieve the ball (it was a day glow yellow, and we all know how Cary is about yellow!)

It was a fantastic way to start our un-Vermont vacation. Not to mention, things on the blood pressure front is going well. It really does seem to be stress related, and I hope that when I see the doctor again this week, I will be able to show her that there is not that much concern.


Thank you to everyone who is concerned from the previous post, and I appreciate all of your sweet words. I am lucky to have friends and family like you in my life!
Autumn--we need to get together sometime. Maybe our families can do something around Thanksgiving, designing our own "feast"!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...