Saturday, October 24, 2009

Staycation Day 6

Looking back during this week of our stay-at-home vacation, it was so amazing, and unfortunately time flew by too quickly!
On Thursday, Cary and I had lunch with my parents and friend, Dawn. We ate at Palios--an incredible pizza place if anyone ever gets a chance to try it. My favorite!
After lunch, Cary and I drove out to Forney, where he introduced me to the antique shops. Unfortunately there were only 2 open shops with antiques, but it did keep us entertained for a long time!

The first shop was literally filled with antiques....and things I would not really want in my house. Things like life-sized chefs, clowns (the creepy ones), chickens...in fact, the idea of working at this antique store creeped me out because the thoughts of them coming to life...(shudder)...

The second shop we went into was full old things that people really didn't want anymore...including lots and lots of Barbie dolls!!! Of course knowing now that we are having a little girl makes me excited because we can play with something that I loved playing with as a kid. And of course I wanted to buy her the first barbie doll...which ended up being a Native American barbie--something I have always wanted in my collection!

After a long debate of which doll I was going to get, decided to get the 2 I couldn't decide between, and then a credit card machine error that limited me to only one that I paid for in cash (the credit card machine was not connected properly and the lady could not figure out how to get it to work again--not of my doing!), Cary and I left with (my) new toy and drove out further and further into the country, enjoying the small amount of fall foliage there was.

He showed me little towns that he used to go through, and we ended up at Lake Quitman, where we took a short walk and he pointed out the significant points of this place (where he and his family used to go for picnics, and the general area where Brad and Faith got married). The area was flooded from the rain the day before (and maybe more), but it was still very calm and peaceful out there.

Cary had the intention of staying out there until dark and looking at the stars, but it was only 5:00, and we still would have 2 hours to kill before dark. And then we started thinking about Chester...who had been in his reserved area for almost 7 hours without a break...so we left.

It took us 2 hours to get home, but it was still a wonderful trip, listening to music (the Monkees!) and talking about travel. And we saw an incredible sunset. One of the greatest parts--when we got home, we found that Chester didn't make a mess! What a great dog!!

2 comments:

Mom/Tressia/TMA said...

So which Barbie did you get! Is it one like I have? I did not know you wanted a Native American Indian....I would have gotten you one in a heart beat. So now I can start buying Barbies for Brylee. Bryan...I need the other credit card now..........

MommyTof3 said...

LOLOL-my kids HATE those creepy clowns too-LOLOLOL

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...