Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Staycation Day 3



Monday brought Cary and I an adventure in Grapevine, TX, where we walked the shops, looking at Halloween and Christmas stuff.

It took us a couple of hours to walk into all of the shops, which somehow all were the same, but yet different. Thinking about it now, I don't recall any of the shops having any of the same items. How do they stay open?!



After walking the shops, we were hungry, so our next stop was at Kincaid's in Southlake, where we enjoyed burgers, onion rings, and chocolate shakes. Of course I'm limited on how much of that I can enjoy, so the tiny bits of chocolate shake I savored. I can't wait to have more again!


When lunch was over, we swung by Crate and Barrel (twice in less than a week!) and bought the Christmas stocking we decided we wanted for Brylee--to us, it looks like a reindeer eating a tree, but it is so cute!




We came back to the apartment to look at times for movies, and entertained Chester for a little bit. Of course, I sat down, and one thing led to another...before you knew it, I was asleep--I love taking naps!

The movie we decided to go see was 'Where The Wild Things Are'. This is a very good movie, but definitely not for a child under the age of 8 in my opinion. Anything younger might not understand the movie might get bored, or perhaps even a little frightened. But still, very good.

Our evening was spent making dinner (Plain Good!) and relaxing with a little tv. The dinner was very much like when we ate at the Inn in South Woodstock on our honeymoon--we were the only patrons in the dining hall at the time, with the occassional visit from the Inn's dog. We turned off the lights and ate by candlelight--It was so sweet and amazing!



Of course, I fell asleep on the couch, but it felt so good knowing that we were still on vacation!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

AWWWW!! I love the pic of you, Cary and Brylee belly! Y'all look so happy!! I love how you are making the best of your staycation!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...