Friday, June 10, 2011

Brylee's Happily Ever After Story Time

Friday was a very special storytime for all the kids at the Small Town Library: it was the last story time for their regular storyteller, Ms. Lizabeth. It was bittersweet to me because Brylee loves her stories and especially songs, and if Brylee was old enough to understand, she would be very sad to see this sweet storyteller leave.

Brylee came out of her little shy shell from Ms. Lizabeth's songs "If You're Happy And You Know It", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and "The Wheels On The Bus", and "Old McDonald".

Ms. Lizabeth really knows how to go out legendary, though! 2 weeks ago, it was a Teddy Bear Picnic themed storytime, and this week it was Fairy Tales. So, many moms got involved and dressed up their kid for the event, and a really sweet mom did a lot of planning to have a surprise going away party for Ms. Lizabeth as well!

























Notice how Snow White has little fairy Brylee's full attention!






























And after the story and song time, there was craft time, as the usual!










We had to get a group picture to add to Ms. Lizabeth's scrapbook that was put together by one of the moms. Where I stood, I had a hard time getting everyone one in the picture, but this looks like it was the majority.










The mom who made the scrapbook also made some super cute cupcakes, which Brylee gladly devoured! And of course I forgot to get a picture of them...someday I may be able to decorate that nicely!










And after storytime, I have started joining several moms out by the lake for lunch and a little playtime. It is such a good time, and Brylee gets to play a little longer with her friends, and find puddles as seen below. She was too distracted by this wonderful puddle to socialize and just kept going and jumping in it. Her T-ma has now seen these pictures and has a swimsuit heading her way so that way she can play more than she did that day.

And someday I'll learn how to relax a little with Brylee being around all of the water and chat more with the other moms. They are all so sweet, and I want to get to know all of them more!



















Thanks again, Ms. Lizabeth, for all of the fun songs and stories for the children, and we do hope to see you around town!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Never, ever stop worrying about Brylee & water. It only takes seconds!!!

Lizabeth said...

Such a wonderful article about the Fairytale Ball! I was very touched when I read it.It was a fun event! I will miss everyone! Hopefully our paths will still cross from time to time.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...