Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cary's Father's Day

Brylee and I decided to go hunt down Cary's Father's Day gift on Thursday, June 9th. While it seemed like we were getting a big head start, but once it was all said and done, it ended up being perfect timing.

I had this idea for quite some time, and once we had found The Artery, I knew that I could finally get this gift going! A little history: when I worked at MJDesigns, we had a section that was painting pottery-style things, just like this, and I always wanted to work in that department so I could spend time painting, and even hoped to someday take my children to paint!

We were the first customers in that morning, and being the only customers for the majority of the time, it was nice to let Brylee explore (without touching the pottery of course!).













The owner of the store was very sweet and helped give a lot of advice on how to paint the bowl Brylee and I had picked out for her daddy, as well as helping us do the handprints on the bowl!




























Brylee's favorite part? This easel...I was incredibly fascinated with all of the stuff that could be painted and tried to plan out our next visit, which will hopefully be soon!













After all of that hard work painting, Brylee and I walked next door to Friendly's, where we both enjoyed a wonderful meal, Brylee's including ice cream! (of course mommy had to help with it as well...)




























Here is the result of painting the bowl!










Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and Brylee's awesome daddy!!!!

1 comment:

WhitKnee said...

You used to work at MJDesigns???? I loved that store! Remember the pog fad? And the bins of pogs they had with ten million kids diving through them??...at least that's the way I remembered it. =)

Nice bowl!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...