Thursday, June 30, 2011

Randoms Again

Brylee piddled in her little potty!!!! Just before her bath, and I had the water running to fill up the tub. I know water helps me have the urge to go, and it did the same job for her! Though I don't think she is all-out ready for potty training, I think it is time to introduce her to the concept. We purchased a potty-training seat (a duck!) a couple of months ago and have let her play on it. And she just recently started going to her diaper-changing spot on her own when I ask her if she needs to be changed. So there are signs. Signs that are encouraging me to work with her more and more. :o)

(And major props to me for not taking pictures and posting on the net!)

To see if we can make a post that is not completely Brylee heavy, I'll add this: Cary and I have been very fortunate to be able to continue our date nights together since we've been here. It has given us the ability to go exploring in new places, such as North Conway, NH, Lewiston, Portland, and even enjoy nights at the movies (theater and drive-in)!

We haven't done a lot of geo-caching lately because, well, Maine doesn't have as many caches as Lewisville has (and yes, I am comparing state to city). But the last couple of Fridays, Cary and I have started to pick up on more caching, and it is nice to get out there a little more, though I am still nervous with muggles. And, we have a travel bug race going on with dad: his trying to get to Portland before ours gets to Lewisville. A fun little competition I think.


I have started taking treats to our Friday after-library gatherings, because it helps me with my baking desire, as well helps me 'buy' my new friends... So far I have brought chocolate chip cookies, cake balls, and last week, I had lemon whippersnaps, even though we didn't get together due to rain. This week? These babies....in the cake form. Let's hope they taste as good as they look!

Wow. Whenever I try to write randoms about anything but Brylee, it just doesn't seem as interesting... But I guess that's our life! :o)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

First, I know the blog's about things besides Brylee, but I must say "go girl" to the potty thing! Yeah for Brylee!! (And I'm guilty for taking potty pics of Luke and posting them--shame on me, but it's so tempting!)

Second, I'm going to have to figure out what the heck geocaching is. I've been very intrigued by your blog descriptions of it, but I am so confused by it, too!

Third, good idea on the baking. And why didn't you try to buy my friendship at the Lewisville library?!? Hehe! J/K

Happy Fourth of July!!!

WhitKnee said...

I'm behind in reading your blog so please excuse the random comments every so often.

This post made me hungry. Very very hungry. =)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...