Monday, June 27, 2011

Salmon Point And Other Randoms

Poor Cary and Brenda have been working super hard and really long hours for the last few months, including weekends. But they have been doing really well, bringing me to this exciting point:























It's an awesome sight, isn't it?! I'm so proud!!!

Now if only they could get to a point of having a break, especially before the next tax season comes up.

Yesterday, waiting for her daddy to come home from work, Brylee wanted to go outside and play a little, so we pulled out the sidewalk chalk and let her go to work!




















You can tell she is serious about her work...










And because I couldn't wait any longer, we had to go outside and test out her new water sprinkler. The first experience Brylee had with a water sprinkler, she was a bit timid and didn't want to stay in the water for long. This time, it was a bit better for her, and actually cried when we turned the water off.

We started off with the water about knee high for her and then turned it up higher to about head-high. Just about a minute before we turned it off for the night, I turned the water up all the way. It was above Cary's head! She played with the water and her pail, but didn't run through it or anything. I guess that comes with time!





































Today, Brylee and I ventured out to a beautiful lake called Salmon Point, thanks to the invite of Megan, the mother of cutie little Journey. Several other moms were there, including the super-mom of twin 2 year olds and 2 month old baby. It has been a couple of weeks since I have been to the playgroup, so it was neat to see these moms and their little ones again.

Brylee thought the water was great, and went charging out into it, stopping (luckily) when she got into the water. She mostly played in the sand, just inside the water, and seemed to really enjoy feeling the waves get rougher as boats passed by. It was a good time until we tested out some floaties and they made her feel out of control in the water. After that, she clung on to me, teeth chattering, saying "All done! All done! All done!" Because she was shivering from being cold, I decided the hour we were there was enough time to head home, but not before stopping at the local grocer and seeing Ms. Lizabeth!









































Other Randoms:

Brylee can identify letters of the alphabet as I write it on her little magnet board up to 'J'. She is starting to grasp the other letters visually with a little help. But she also can fill in most of the letters in the alphabet song! At the end when you sing the little diddy, "Now I know my ABC's...", she yells something like, "Elmo!", which we have interpreted as "I know!"

And numbers? We say 1, she can say 2-6, skips 7, and then says 8...

Working on colors, too, but it is a little harder for her to grasp just yet, for some reason...but so far she really seems to enjoy the colors yellow and blue...I think...

That's all I have for now! (I think...)

1 comment:

WhitKnee said...

I love your header picture of Brylee & Cary! That is so cute =)

P.S. Brylee has good taste, I'm a fan of blue and yellow too...I think

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...