Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project 52: 24/52 Heat

For this week's Project, I thought I would have a hard time picking a picture. I mean, how can I pick something outside when it's been a gorgeous 70ish degrees, versus Dallas, TX that has been over 100? Seemed a little off.

Sure, upstairs was getting to the 90+ degrees due to windows allowing so much daylight sun in, but thanks to my awesome father-in-law, we now have an a/c to help us with the hotter days (and beautiful red sheer curtains to lesson the brightness).

So here was my first idea:
Our gas stove. To be truthful, I really want electric in our home when we finally find a place. I don't trust gas in the house, and I have to open doors and windows whenever I bake because I just 'feel' light headed because of the gas. I know it's psychological, but I just feel safer with electric.

And then this morning I found this:


I went to the Small Town grocery center to donate blood at the Red Cross bus, and the entire parking lot was full of fire engines and ambulances. Apparently it is Community Safety Day here, and the above picture of the trailer is a smoke house used to teach fire safety (crawling low below the smoke).

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...