Saturday, June 18, 2011

On Finding A New Church In Maine

Confession: I cried during a couple of church services while visiting here in Small Town, ME. Not easy to admit, but it is true.

As I sat in the small chapels, I couldn't help but compare to my 2 church homes in Dallas. One being a mega church, the second being much smaller, but since I had known most of them for many years, it felt like home.

Looking back 3 months later, I realize a lot of it was just newbie nerves, just nervous about moving somewhere where we knew no one, and literally starting new.

Being here, we have thrown ourselves into the mix of things, from meeting the clients of the business and seeing them around quite frequently, going to a playgroup, and our favorite Friday activity: library story time and park/beach playtime afterward.

And since we have become more comfortable with our routine, I have since started helping out Vacation Bible School preparation at the place we have decided to call our new church home.




It's not Fellowship; then again, I never met Ed Young, the senior pastor, in the 7 years I attended there. This church definitely has the feel of Live Oak church, with the band and contemporary songs, but also toss in a couple of hymns.

The pastor here has great sermons, and the associate director is a lady who I have been able to get to know a little better as I paint butterflies and flowers for VBS. And I have met several other women who are very sweet and fun as well. I look forward to our next meeting to paint more!

This is a church I can really get involved in, something I never really did (minus the Home Teams) at Fellowship, and miss greatly about my high school and college days at Live Oak.

And I have a feeling it will be a great place to let Brylee grow up and immerse herself as well.

Just another part of becoming one with our new community...(a big one, I know!)

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...