Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just What Are They Doing To Me?!?!


That is what is going through Brylee's head right now.

First it was getting rid of the bottle. She had no problem drinking juice and water in a sippy cup, but refused to drink her milk out of anything but a bottle. And magically, one morning, after close to a month of anger and fussing, she decided that milk in a sippy cup or straw cup wasn't so bad after all.

This morning is attempt #1 to break her of her beloved 'Bow', a.k.a., pacifier. According to the pediatrician and other things read, we are delayed on breaking her of it, though I really am not incredibly worried. I just see a bigger dependance on them, and want to take care of it before it is much harder to do.

When I asked her for her bow, she gave it up after a little persuasion (and me pulling just slightly on it), and placed it on the top shelf of her room. Currently she is talking/crying to herself, not much different than a regular nap when she needs to wind down...

We are starting slowly with naps. I might let her have them over night a couple of times, depending on how she responds to 'no-bow-naps'...and how much I value my sleep.

After she breaks her dependence, we will be rewarding her with a special "Bow" bear, with the pacifiers inside, much like my cousin did for her little one. However, we won't be surprised if we wake up one morning with the bear de-fluffed and the bows back in her mouth...

3 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Don't make yourself (or her) too crazy. Addison had hers till 2 1/2 and Reagan till 3 1/2. Reagan's teeth were definitely moving, but they went right back when we took them away. I think at Brylees age we made them "bed only". She will love making the bear!!

Mom said...

I was not worried. I have seen 4-5 year old still using bows.You are doing just fine as a Mom. If you have questions you can call Kim, Erica, me or any family or friends & they will be glad to help out. I wish I had, had the support you have. I did not do too bad...you turned out pretty good!!

Anonymous said...

The binky was the hardest thing to break Austin of and he had his until he was about 3 1/2. I wouldn't worry about it!! I finally got tired of Austin taking his out of his mouth to talk to me, so I broke it :) (I cut the nipple off of it) I showed him that Mommy broke it and had already gathered all the others. There was nothing he could do. It was a sad few nights, but he quickly got over it!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...