Friday, June 3, 2011

The Maine Routine

I like how adding the word 'Maine' to certain posts makes it a play on words...

Cary pointed out to me that I should make a post about what our week is like here in Maine, mainly to be able to look back and see how we adjusted within our first 3 months. So...here we go!

Monday is a day that I consider a 'resting' day. It is a day that Brylee and I can play together, and if we have to go anywhere, it is usually the grocery store. If the weather is pretty, I like to go out on the patio with her and Chester and blow bubbles, draw with sidewalk chalk, etc...The outside time doesn't last long usually, mostly because she still likes to hunt down the puddles of water and splash around...and I think that sitting water can't be healthy to get all over her, even here in little-pollution Small Town...

Tuesday is a day I think she looks forward toif she comprehended days of the week (does that even make sense?). We attend a play group at the Community Center, a great place to get together and watch the kids interact while the moms can sit and talk. It is always interesting to see how Brylee will play with other kids, and so far, I'm pretty proud. She gets a little territorial when it comes to the balls at the place, but we are working on sharing. And she can hold her own, too. This last week, a 2 year old boy tried to persuade her to let him have the tricycle she was playing on...but she held steady! All of the kids are adorable at the group. All are well behaved as well, except when they start getting hungry or tired. Just like Brylee and her momma!

On Wednesday, the morning is slow, which is nice considering the 2 previous days start off fast and early. But we have lunch with Cary, Brenda, and Gary at the office, and afterwards, Brylee typically goes with her Opa for their play date. At that time, I go and run errands and go to the house to do a big cleaning. Apparently I don't feel I get as much done with Brylee around, and it really helps me focus on what needs to be done and get it done...and see it stay done until the next day! Lately, we have been having dinner at Brenda and Gary's, just as some time with them, but an easier way to 'exchange' Brylee, and a small way to say 'Thank You' to Gary for playing with her so I can get things done.

Thursday is our other 'down day'. Brylee, Chester, and I lounge around the house, relaxing, and playing. I need to take her to the park to run free for a little bit, but I also feel bad for Chester because he needs (and wants) to get out of the house, too. But I have a little more difficult time managing both of them...especially on Chester's leash, which he likes to try to trip Brylee with...This last Thursday (last night), changed up a bit because our church is getting decorations ready for VBS coming at the end of July, so I left Brylee and Cary for some father/daughter time and went to the church to help paint. I wasn't sure how helpful I would be, but once they mentioned painting, I was all over that! It was a very nice change of pace, and I also met and talked with some very nice ladies!

Friday is my favorite day of the busy week. It is Library day, and, like this morning, we rest for a little bit and then at 10:00 rush around to get everything done to get out the door. Even when there was snow on the ground, I was usually in a sweat from my poor timing. But I love the library time, and Brylee really does, too. We also usually see at least one of the little ones from the play group earlier in the week. After the library time, we used to head home, but today we will be meeting another little one from the library time and go to the park afterwards. Brylee will not have a nap beforehand, so hopefully having food in her little belly will keep her satisfied and playful. Friday nights are usually reserved for Oma and Opa to have Brylee overnight, and Cary and I go on a date for ourselves.

Saturday morning is a little calm, since Cary and I get to sleep in. And after we wake up, if there are any outstanding errands we need to run, we do that. And then it is off to have lunch with his family and spend a little time with them. So far every weekend we've been here and the weather is nice, we've driven around looking at 'new' towns and potential houses. Close to dinner time, we head home for dinner and our own family time.

Sunday, we wake up early to go to a local restaurant for their delicious breakfast buffet, and then on to church. Brylee has finally joined us at this church, and they love her, and I think she feels the same! After church, we figure out lunch and what to do for the afternoon. Last Sunday, we drove to New Hampshire to attend a craft fair and then visited the Children's Museum for Brylee. Sunday evening is spent with the usual eating dinner and preparing ourselves again for another week.

So, now, I have this put down for future reference to look back and say, "Wow! We were so busy!", or "Wow! We were so lazy!"

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Mom said...

:) & :(

Brandi said...

What a great idea to record your weekly agenda! I'm with you on the end; it's hard to know if I'm busy or lazy! Haha! So glad to see you guys are adjusting well up there. :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...