Monday, June 6, 2011

She Calls Me Dadda...And Other Randoms

Brylee is currently fascinated with the alphabet. She points to words and says random letters. But tonight as I was singing (terribly) the ABC's to her, she inserted 'QR' (as 1 word) in the right place! Cary didn't believe me at first, but after several times of repetition, we have both learned that she knows certain letters and where to put them.

We got Brylee an outdoor sand/water toy for the patio so that she has a little more to play with then just the picnic table and running around splashing water puddles. We introduced it to her last night, and needless to say, she LOVES it!

My little girl is growing so fast: she is eating pizza now, just slightly cut up to make the handling easier. AND tonight at dinner, she didn't make a mess all over her shirt, as is the usual!!!

We took her to her first movie last night. We decided that the drive in might be the smarter place to go, because we could be inside the car and talk as loud as we want (or in Brylee's case, scream). We were going to see Kung Fu Panda 2, but that screen was down, so it was X-Men instead. She didn't have any interest in the movie (as I suspected), but we closed ourselves in the back of the SUV (because of the mosquitoes and light on the back) and ate popcorn and candy. Brylee even helped herself to the Nestle Crunch Bites and popcorn...and even the soda. She loved to wipe her chocolate-covered hands all over the window while we tried to watch, and then...licked the window. Lovely. And when she was tired, she flopped around, trying to get comfortable. And when she finally fell asleep, she was sprawled all over me and Cary...making our feet fall asleep...and making us uncomfortable.

As the post title says, she has been trying to get my attention by calling me 'dadda'. Though she knows who her daddy is...

And speaking of calling names, she loves to point out Ashes (Ashey), Radio (IO), and Petunia (Flower) whenever she sees pictures of them. Maybe she'll get the hang of it and call my mom 'Flower' since she still refuses to say T-Ma. Poor mom!

Springtime is officially here. I say that happily, as well as frustrated. I don't mind insects, and love to see new critters, but just not inside our house. Crawling on Brylee's bean bag chair, hiding by our shoes, and running in our door whenever its open

We finally broke down and bought curtains for the 2 big windows that allow a lot of sunlight in our upstairs room in the morning and all through the day. They are a sheer maroon color, but I can already tell a difference. Now, with those and 2 fans, maybe this lack of a/c summer heat won't be too bad.

Speaking of insects, I locked myself out of the house on Friday morning rushing around to get Brylee and me to story time. Brylee was in her carrier and I was putting on my shoes when I found a scary looking spider run out from around my shoes. So I gathered it up in Chester's peanut butter kong, and stepped outside to release it when I realized that it wasn't going to be easy to convince him to come out of the dark, yummy-smelling crevices of the rubber toy. So...I bounced it...hard. And it bounced across the driveway into the grass. So I tip-toed over to the grass to pick it up (shoeless and also trying to watch for that now-shaken spider...if it was still alive) and picked up the kong, walked back to the door, and tried to open it...with no luck. D'oh! I am thankful for 2 things: I had my phone in my pocket, and Brylee was in her car seat. Otherwise, I just know she would have gone crawling up the stairs...with potential injuries occuring. I called Cary and asked him to come 'rescue me', and he asked if he could do it after lunch...to which I realized he was kidding as I was about to freak...Oh how I love him! He got home and opened the door in time for me to kick on my shoes and get Brylee to story time.

After story time, Brylee and I met a bunch of moms at the lake/park, where Brylee chased some ducks and played on the slide and swing. I had brought crackers with me for Brylee to snack on, but they became duck food...and these ducks were not shy about getting the food! Brylee loved to quack at them while they were around! It was really nice to spend the (windy and chilly) lunchtime with these moms from town...and I am excited about doing it again next Friday!

Brylee is now 'bow-less' and bottle-less. We attempted to start with her pacifier on Wednesday, and ultimately, it has brought great results. She has had a little fussing while going down at first, but with books and toys in the bed, she distracts herself and talks, and then falls asleep. But we have also been keeping her so busy that she is exhausted at night. This is including how she took out one of her daily naps by herself, so she is pretty tired at night!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

we just took our almost 2 year old to the drive in the other night too. it was a night mare for us! he kept wanting to change the radio station so the sound would go in and out. laaame. good thing they're so cute right? ;)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...