Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meet Chester's Twin Sister!




Rachel is a 2 year old (or around that) dachshund/cocker mix that is up for adoption at Petfinder.com. I was just scrolling through, interested in seeing what kinds of animals they have every once in a while.
As anyone who knows me should know, I am a HUGE animal lover and I believe in rescuing instead of going to a breeder. Why would anyone want to spend $1200 on a "Cockapoo" (yes a MUTT) when there is another one sitting in a cold, large cage that is just $50 at the local shelter? And even with discounts on vaccines and spaying/neutering!


If anyone you know is interested in adopting a dog, I highly encourage Petfinder.com if you don't want to go to a shelter. It is a great site, and it is so full of rescues. Some have all of their vaccines and are fixed, so all you need to do is supply the good home.



1 comment:

TJ said...

Too funny. After you sent me an e-mail on another dog at pet finders I was looking and came across Rachel. I e-mailed it to you to show you. She is a short legged Chester! I think I may have sent you the e-mail as you were writing this up. If I was ready for a dog I would have to go check her out.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...