Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mesquite Rodeo

On Saturday night, Mom, Dad, Cary, Jeff, Regina, Melissa, Jon and I went to the Mesquite Rodeo. The first time in many years for me!




It was a good time, starting with dinner at the Rodeo brought to you by Sonny Bryan's. Not too bad! Then, it was on to the picture taking time, and since the parents were sitting in the row in front of us, they were the unsuspecting victims. Cotton Candy makes a great prop, too!




The only thing I remember from childhood that has really changed is that the barrel clown today is more of a spot-light entertainer than a real bull-distracter...I always enjoyed watching the bulls push the barrel around with the clown inside! Was it just so dangerous they took it away?


The rodeo was so entertaining, with the bull riding, horse riding, and barrel races. What was new to me were the wagon races, calf chasing, and sheep riding (for kids). I got many great videos of all of them, but limited blog space!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...