Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Tonight, mom showed me a plastic container full of dolls that I cherished so much as a child. This large bucket held ALL of my dolls! And most, if not all, clothes were still there, old and worn, and had seen much better days.

Poor Cary had to sit down on the floor with me and endure about 20 minutes of introducing him to my Cabbage Patch Dolls:








Emily: You can comb her hair!











Luke: I'm a Rooster!














Mandy: My first Cabbage Patch; the hunt for the real ones were so great that year, mom got me a homemade one. She's just as cute as a 'real' ones!









Sabina: My Premie












Jewel Bev: My only 'real' Cabbage Patch (a.k.a. the original)












Then there's Tiffani: my My Child--remember those?!






These dolls entertained me for countless hours while growing up. I think Kim and Erica were big fans of them as well.

To go with that, we also looked at my Barbies, Kens, and Skippers, along with She-Ra and her friends...wow! Notice in the picture that some of the Barbie's bodies got a little destroyed when I was young, and now I just have the heads. :o)
I I felt like I was a kid again as I was showing my prized toys (of that time) to my new best friend.
Cary was great; he sat there, asked questions about girlie toys, and just laughed at me as I put my old friends back into their tub for the night, like I was kid not ready for bed.
Oh, to be able to go back to childhood again!

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Wow, I love that your mom saved all that for you! How special!!! Hopefully you will have a girl someday, so you two can play together. I think I remember "Mandy".

Addison has two cabbage patch dolls, although I must say they are not her favorites. She knows they are my favorites though. "Lucy" was her first one, and she always brings her to me when we are playing dolls. She much prefers her American Girl Bitty Baby that Barbara gave her!
And Reagan, likes Dora's baby twins dolls.
:)

TJ said...

I had fun watching you play with your dolls. It brought back lots of memories.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...