Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Excitement Of Tennis...

With 2 adults and a dog.

So tonight Cary and I decide to break in my brand new tennis racket and get some well needed exercise (I did not go hungry or unspoiled for my birthday!). So we loaded ourselves and Chester into the car and drove off to the local park here in Las Colinas.

Fortunately, no one was in the single court, so we snagged it quickly. I think Chester was in heaven!

As Cary and I lobbed the balls around, Chester would run as fast as he could, just hoping for an opportunity to catch them mid-air. When Cary or I would mess up (and with our talent, that was not often....HA!), Chester would jump in and scoop the ball up into his mouth, and just run around with it, chasing the next ball we were goofing off with. Just as the next one was out of our reach, Chester would again swoop down, drop the one in his mouth, and pick up the one boucing the energy out...

We walked away with only 1 'incident', which I was expecting at any time. I hit the ball, just right, and it flew over the net, towards Chester. And THUNK, it bounced off of his head. Actually, it happened so fast that Cary and I couldn't really tell if it hit Chester, he could have ducked his head in expectation, but if it did, he healed quickly, continuing running to grab the next opportune ball.

After keeping me up during the night with restless energy (and a crazy dream), Chester spent the day at daycare, chasing the vacuum cleaner, and then running a lot at the tennis court. I am quite sure that Cary and I will get a peaceful night's rest tonight.

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

funny that we (along with hundreds of thousands of other people) have stumbled upone the same blog. the girls and I have been praying for baby Harper all week. I cannot even begin to imagine their pain.
:)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...