Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Taking A Moment...


I would like to take a moment and recognize this very historical day in history. Besides the fact that 31 years ago today I came into this world, today marks the beginning of a new, exciting, and scary change in the United States.

Today we welcome Barack Obama into the seat as the newest leader of our country.

I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely very little about politics. For me being the person I am, I easily get pulled in separate directions. "This candidate makes a very good point, but so does the other..." So I stay out of any political things; at least for now. Who knows what the future might bring!

And above I mention scary because for the last 8 years, we could ALMOST predict what President Bush did. However, with ANY new president, we are faced with unfamiliarity and adjustment to change. Not to mention the change in political views.

So today I lift up the Obama family in prayer; for God to guide them, for God to help them in the protection and development of our country, and for God to keep them healthy and safe for all time.

I don't know where the next 4 years will take us, but I do pray that the slowly disentigrating barrier between races comes crashing down. I never like or dislike someone because of the color of our skin, and I find that I like most people that I meet, regardless of the color of their skin.

Let's (as in America) make the decision together to move forward and make our country TRULY great!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Happy 26th Birthday!! :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...