Saturday, January 17, 2009

Memories...

2 years ago, actually yesterday, Cary and I went on what was our first date. We visited 7 Salsas in Coppell, where we sat for about 2-3 hours, just talking and getting to know each other, one on one.

This was a first for us. We had been out with our Home team several times, out to dinner (including Mi Cocina and Razzoos), and to the movies (Pursuit of Happyness), but we had never been alone.

We had just started chatting on IM nightly, but this was so much more special because we were together. And let me tell you, I was nervous! I was witty and funny on the instant messenger (2 muffins were baking in an oven...) but how would I do without a keyboard to hide my true self?!

Well, the night ended with a hug (and he's a great instructor...) and then we went our separate ways, just to go home and jump on the computer for more chatting...yeah. I liked him, just a little. ;o)

The next morning I woke up to an icy day, and with the bad weather came the decision not to go to school because I would have to cross over the Lewisville Bridge--which is bad enough in normal weather! But it didn't take long for us to find out that the campus was closed to inclimate weather anyways.

I was sitting on the couch in my robe, soaking in the joys of not having to be anywhere when I received a text message: "It's snowing!" It was Cary, and so I picked up the phone and called him. I couldn't help but smile as I talked to him and then remembered the wonderful time we had the night before.

I spent some of the time on that day driving around to grocery stores looking for my dad a Red Velvet cake (2 years ago today it was his birthday--yeah, ironic!). Though I never did find one for dad and we settled for a marble cake, I was on Cloud 5 (WAY too early to be Cloud 9...).

As I drove around, I called my friend Beth, and told her about the wonderful date I had the night before, and how I liked this guy Cary. Whoever knew that 2 years later, I would be enjoying a relaxing Saturday with him, as a family, with our dog lying peacefully on the floor soaking in the sun?!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...