Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pink Lemonade

Why the title Pink Lemonade? Well, twice last week in the same day the words Pink Lemonade were mentioned twice. For some reason, I wanted to use it as a title for some sort of blog. Which one? Let's see. How about one with random facts about me? Sounds great--and pretty random!


I see this quite a bit on the blogs I read, so I decided to give it a try myself. Some people write the same number of random things as their age, but I'm not sure if I can come up with (cough, cough) 26...so we'll go for 10 and see where it goes from there...

1) I love to read. Mostly fiction, because its neat to get lost in a different world now and then. My favorite books have been the Harry Potter series (mostly book 4 and 5), and I have read each of them at least the same number that they are in the series (Book 1=1 time, Book 2=2). Well, I say that, except I have only read book 6 twice and 7 once. But Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix have easily been read 4-5 (or more) times!

I have most recently read Marley & Me and I am going to be starting John Grogan's new book soon. And Cary and I are reading the Bible and Chronicles of Narnia together. By the way--I am ALWAYS up for suggestions!


2) I don't have one favorite song/movie/tv show/... If asked "If you were stuck on a desert island with 1 movie to watch for the rest of your life, what would it be?" There is no way to pick just one of: Wall-E, Forrest Gump, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of The Rings...
Favorite song/artist? Depends on the genre; Christian? Um...again, can't narrow that down, but Chris Tomlin, The Newsboys, Chris Rice, Barlow Girl, and SuperChick top the list; Oldies? The Monkees; Rap? EASY--Nothing! :o)

3) I'm slightly picky with food. I'll try new things, but I'll want to know the ingredients beforehand. I'm getting better, though. A co-worker brought up some dip on Tuesday, and I dipped a Ritz in it...before you knew it, I had eaten 4 Ritz's worth and was going back for more!--and I still don't know the ingredients! I am not the biggest fan of raw veggies, but LOVE cooked brocolli. And tomatoes--don't touch them. Unless it is in the form of sauce for spaghetti, pizza, ketchup. Tried a real tomato once, and it was actually pretty good. But still don't want to eat them... Also, when I find something I like (like Indian's Butter Chicken), it is very difficult for me to try something new and different!


4) Going back to music: whenever I hear the song Cherokee Nation by Paul Revere and The Raiders, I get this swelling deep inside me. I'm about 1/4 Native American (Blackfoot, Cherokee, and Choctaw), but for some reason I feel 100% Native American when it comes on the radio. Like I want to dress up in the traditional dress and dance around a fire calling for rain (and the Lord knows we need it!). There's a feeling of pride, deep inside.



5) I love to write. And a lot of people say I'm good at it (as in the blog). But I have written several fictional stories through high school and college, but have yet to share with my best friend and confidant, Cary. Not that I'm nervous of what he will say (ok, maybe just a little...), but its something that is on the back of our minds, and we have Add Imagemore important things to read together now (the Bible and Chronicles of Narnia). Maybe someday he'll read them and say that they are the greatest things EVER, and you will find them published and on the Barnes and Noble Top Sellers List...



6) Not a big fan of talking on the phone. The most random part of that is the fact that I do that for a living. I take several calls daily from State Farm Agents and their staff and help answer questions. Before this job, I really could only be on the phone for a short period of time, or if it was during the wonderful courtship of my hubby...but now, I'm sorry if I don't call you for a period of time. I love you, I do, but NOT ANOTHER PHONE CALL!!!

Along the same lines but REALLY weird to me: women who are chatting on their cell phones while in the bathroom stall...

7) I love to watch wedding shows. I don't like attending weddings (I just am not really big into the dressing up/being proper/dancing thing), but I love to watch the big glamorous things on tv in the comforts of my pyjamas. And sometimes deep down I wish I were more girly when it comes to big dresses and decorating, even in daily wear, but then I realize how much time and effort it would take, and I'm happy being me again. Who's up for Who's Wedding Is It Anyway and Bridezilla?



8) Dream careers that I have had at one time or another: Vet, Doctor (Pediatrician, Physical Therapist), Psychologist/Counsellor (still my most realistic preference and I want to someday pursue), Bakery Owner (Have you SEEN the great cakes Cary and I make?!), Minister, Artist/photographer (yet I draw stick figures only so-so), and Fashion designer (which is the weirdest, considering I have not one ounce of fashion sense!)




9) I really like Ugg boots. But just not enough to spend $150 on a pair just yet. Waiting to be in colder weather where they might actually come in handy, as opposed to this crazy Texas weather that is 70-80 degrees one day and 45 the next (the forecast for this weekend in fact!)




10) I like kitchen utensils/gadgets. I have yet to use some of the ones that we received for our wedding, but I am always excited to go into Crate & Barrel or Bed, Bath, and Beyond and just gawk at the amazing varieties of items. I mean, who could live without onion goggles or 4 different styles of Mezzalunas?! How easily could I cause trouble with them!...someday I'll be the next Chef Duff or Martha Stewart...







While awake last night between Chester potty-breaks, I had thought of several other possibilities to write about. But I finally did go back to sleep, and so when I remember them, I will set them aside for a future blog or more...

Alright--now it's your turn! I love to meet and get to know new people, so if you happen to read my blog, let me know some fun, random things about you, whether through email or your own blog! And if I already know you, do it as well. But try to think of things I didn't know before...you'll see that it might not be that easy! (good thing I'm a 10 yr old at heart!)
**all of these images were found on Google Images. I do not in any way, shape or form, claim them to be my own, but thank those who did the hard work so that we can appreciate them!

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Just got my UGGS from Tommy for Christmas. They are a cold-weather must. They are so warm, cozy and dry. However, they are solid sheepskin inside, so in Texas, your feet would probably sweat to death.

If you get to cold weather and are ready to buy, we got a Great Deal on EBAY. Brand-new in the box, $99, no tax, no shipping! Keep an eye out.

:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim, that's good to know. I will have to start looking there for them, (but shhhhh...don't tell Jenn.)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...