Monday, January 19, 2009

The Weekend Jennifer Made Off...



Like a bandit!!!

Oh what a wonderful weekend I had!

Being 2-3 days before my birthday, my families decided to have the celebrations this weekend, so that way there was more time to have fun and enjoy 'my day'.

On Saturday, it was dad's birthday. Cary and I originally had the idea of going to Ft. Worth, picking up Grandma J, and going to either the Ft. Worth Japanese Gardens, or Ft. Worth Zoo. When the weekend approached, though, mom had a pinched nerve, dad was swamped with work, and the Ft. Worth Stockyards were starting, beginning with a parade. We decided that it was not to our advantage and will try again on another day. But Saturday was the most beautiful January weather!


So the plan changed: after church, mom, dad, Cary and I went to El Chico for dinner, and then settled down on the couch to watch Master and Commander, which Cary and I got on Blue Ray disc for him. The effects (mostly the churning ocean) were so amazing!


My parents decided then to give me my gift because they weren't sure if they would see me on Tuesday or not. It was a pair of sox (and for those of you who don't know, my flat--footed feet LOVE fun sox!) and a digital picture frame, which is PERFECT for me because I have a lot of pictures I want to display, but very limited space at the apartment. I'm so excited to get it up and working!!! Even Cary is excited about it, and has uploaded the first set of pictures and videos...



On Sunday, Cary and I went to his parents' house, where I was surprised with a decorated kitchen (streamers and balloons everywhere!). Lunch consisted of 'Cheese Stuff'--my favorite casserole dish right now, and for dessert--yummy strawberry cake!


After eating and with Cary's 'begging', I opened up my gifts from the McFadden family:

A gift card to Kohls from Brad, Faith, and Helen


Hangers from Brenda and Gary to *hopefully* finish up our closet (all wood)


An external hard drive also from my favorite in-laws for my laptop so I can upload my music cds and enjoy my music


And a tennis racket from Cary so that we can get exercise in other forms than just walking (now if we can just find a court that isn't always occupied!!)



One of my favorite things about the Sunday celebration was that Chester discovered balloons. While I DO NOT advocate putting balloons in the mouth (if it bursts it can cause suffocation in anyone's mouth), I was quite entertained when Chester tried so hard to put his mouth around the balloon to carry it around--only to be surprised when it burst...he turned so quickly and tucked his rear end in and ran!



I truly don't deserve all of this, and I am so thankful for everything that my family has given me. I'm so excited to put all of this together and put it to use, but I know that when I look at everything I have been blessed to receive, I will feel even more blessed to have the incredible family I have.

Growing up, my parents always made sure I got what I wanted (but maybe not deserved), and now, the blessings continue!

Thank you, my incredible family, for loving me and making sure this birthday (though I refuse to admit I'm over 26) is so special!

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! I hope you have a great day!!!

January 20th was also my sweet Jetta dog's birthday...I miss her!

Tommy got me a digital frame last Valentines day, but with the move, I temporarily lost/forgot about it. It was a nice surprise when I came across it this weekend and got it all set up. The girls LOVE to watch it.

Good luck with the tennis thing! Tommy and I used to play before the girls came along, but it was never much exercise for me.....if that ball isn't coming right at me, there is no chance I am going to hit it. No running round, chasing the ball for me! We had lots of laughs out there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Love you lots,

Mom

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...