Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Every year, I am faced with the fun task of making New Year's Resolutions, just like everyone else who enjoy or believe in these. And of course, every year I have a list of things I would like to accomplish, including:

learn a new language
learn a new hobby (knitting, blogging, sport...)
read more
remember and mail out cards for everyone's birthday
and so many more...

This year, instead of making a long list of what my resolutions are going to be, I'm going to stick with 1 major resolution that I have had for so many years: lose 40 pounds.

Sometimes I put it in the goofy form of "Lose ___ pounds, and I don't mean British money!". Of course, for this year, that is a good idea as well, as who wants to lose money? Especially foreign currency!

When I was at my highest weight in 2006, I managed to lose 20 punds just before going to Europe for Steve's wedding, and then a year later I lost 20 more pounds before walking down the aisle myself. But in the comforts of marriage, I added some (fortunately not all) of that weight back, and I am DETERMINED to lose it again, plus much more!

This comes around for so many reasons: I want to be healthy for my husband and future children. I want to go out hiking, biking, play hockey, walk Chester, and get on the floor and PLAY without getting lazy and tired quickly.

Being healthy is important to me because of the diseases and illnesses that run through my family history: I want to be better prepared to fight these if I come face to face with any. And I do not want my children to fight weight issues throughout their lives, like I always have. So now is the time to get it under control.

With all of the people around me with the same struggles, I hope that I can be an inspiration and also have the will power to fight off the temptations around us. I also ask that for all that follow this blog to say a prayer for me (and Cary, as he is trying to be a strong influence without bringing me into a depression) as I am praying daily to God to help me with my struggle.

I have a year to lose 40 pounds and become physically healthy. I know it can be done, and I am posting a recent picture of me so that maybe it will show positive changes as I go through 2009. Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will do it together!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...