Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 Month Tribute

Today, our beautiful baby turns 6 months!

What a blessing, whirlwind, and journey it has been.

Along with all of the other updates on her (slowly starting solids, chatterbox, standing), she is now almost sitting up by herself (she can do it for a few seconds before leaning to one side and falling that way), taking 'steps', and new this weekend: reaching out for things (especially when she wants someone to sit her up).

She has seen dogs, cats, a horse, and a goat now. All 4 legged animals that probably 'look' like Chester to her. Now I need to find some other type of animal to introduce her to that doesn't have 4 legs or look like a typical mammal (birds, giraffes, elephants...). I know it will take her a while to grasp the concept of what each animal is, but since I love those things so much, I'm eager to get started quickly!

I want to take an opportunity to rave about the grandparents. For the last 6 months, Brylee's grandparents have been nothing but so supportive and helping, willing to take her and allow Cary and I to get away and remember how to be a couple.

I was really hesitant at the beginning to let anyone care for the baby until she slept through the night, but her grandparents convinced me (no convincing necessary for Cary!) that once she starts sleeping through the night, then that help wouldn't be needed as much anymore. So I took advantage, and now, 1 night a week she stays with one set of grandparents and we get a date night.I can't express enough gratitude for T-Ma, Oma, B-Pa, and Opa for all that they have done. I know writing this, or even saying the words everytime doesn't make up for their willingness to play with Brylee, watch her overnight, and all the additional things they have done. To make life a little easier for us transportation-wise, they have play mats, exersaucers, and bottles ready at their house, and all I need to do is make sure I show up with clothing!

From Day 1, Brylee has been very blessed by family. She doesn't get to see her aunt, uncle, and cousin much, but I know that she adores them and loves to see them whenever she is in town. She has met almost all of her extended family, and they spoil her just as much as we do.

Obviously, I write tons of posts on her, so stayed tuned for more 'big firsts'!

1 comment:

Brad McFadden said...

Great pictures. heheheh very excellent. YAY brylee!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...