Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day With The Jarvis'

With a title like that, it should be known that this means, super fun, and super tiring...


On Sunday morning, I woke up at 6:00 with Brylee ready to eat. I decided to give Cary a little sleep-in time, so she and I went and watched a little tv, and just spend some time giggling together. At this stage, she is smiling, screeching, and giggling so much, it makes all unhappiness go away.

Once Cary woke up, he made us breakfast (waffles!) and presented me with the gift that Brylee did:



I love it! It reminds me of a field of flowers...that happen to be our little girls' finger prints!

After breakfast, we began the fun task of gathering up all 4 of us, including food, diapers, clothing, and toys for our little one, and trekked to my parents house, where we all relaxed for a little bit, making cards for Teacher's Appreciation week (the previous week...). Included in the cards was a picture of Brylee and her handprint in yellow. I, personally, really thought they turned out cute! (and should have gotten a picture...)

Mom and dad also presented me with a beautiful trunk made so that I can store up the treasures that Brylee gives me as she grows (flowers she picks, drawings...). I love it, and can't wait to start filling it up with memories!

Around 12:30, we packed everything up, including Chester, and with my mom and dad, drove out to Valley View, TX to my uncle's ranch, food, and fun.

It was a windy, blustery day, very much in need of a jacket or sweater, but it felt so nice to be outside. Thanks to my uncle and cousin, Chester got the opportunity to play catch with Austin and Hunter, and totally ignore the other dogs around him.

Yeah. Remember when he used to go to daycare and play all day? Or when he wrestled Rosco down and both passed out from pure exhaustion? Not anymore. The mutt loves to be around humans, and tends to ignore other dogs. I think he thinks he's human...

He came face to face with his first horse (which was quite a sight!), and ran all over the yard with Austin and Hunter. Then as we went to the front yard to play kerplunk and croquet, he sat at the fence, looking longingly at the balls. I tried to take him into the front yard for a short time, but forgot to bring his extending leash, so he was limited in where he could go, and he kept trying to get into the middle of the games. Plus, I felt bad for the left-over dogs in the back yard. I mean, which is worse--being ignored all alone, or being ignored with someone else?!

While I didn't play, I was highly entertained by the chaos of the games. Dad tried to explain 'kertunk' (not the real name, but I have the hardest time remembering it), and because so many were there, it was difficult to play correctly. So out came croquet. Which led to dangerous feats and broken items. And lots and lots of laughter...

I did take the opportunity to take Brylee outside for a brief moment (did I mention it was windy and cold?) and show her a horse, which she very briefly touched his nose. And then I swept her back inside again to where Grandma J, Faye, Deb, Mom, and Simone (Eric and Deb's ranch-hand) were keeping warm.

What a long, tiresome day! We drove home around 4:30, where we then departed from my parents and drove to our apartment and readied ourselves for our next week at work.

The food was so good (hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, brownies, banana pudding....) that we didn't even eat dinner that night!


What a fantastic way to spend my first Mother's Day. I am so truly blessed to have a family that keeps us on our toes and we're always laughing and remembering how to enjoy each others' company.

Thank you, Jarvis family, for once more having such a great time!





No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...