Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Team Again

Last night Cary and I stepped outside of our comfort zone to do something we haven't done in about 3 years: go to a Home Team meeting.

A Home Team is a small group of people that meet at someone's home to do a Bible study. Because Fellowship Church is so big, the Home Teams were designed so that people can get involved, make friends, and study together more in-dept without the overwhelming feeling that the weekend services have. They are split into categories, and the 2 I'm familiar with are the Singles (split by age), and Married.

Cary and I met at a Home Team in the late summer of 2006 through a Singles group I had been attending regularly for about a year, so it is odd that we stopped attending not long after getting engaged/married.

When this group meets (every 2nd and 4th Wednesday), there is food, socializing, and then study. Just before the in-depth studying starts, there is an ice-breaker. Last night, the fun ice-breaker was going around was introducing yourselves, stating how long you've been married, where you live, and either a pet-peeve or an interesting fact about you.

I don't do well with speaking in front of people, so as everyone was taking their turns, I was carefully thinking about what I could say. I could think of a couple of pet peeves (which would be funny, but also a downer), but I had a hard time thinking of something interesting. Now I can think of a couple (I love to blog, blog lurk, and day dream of being a stay-at-home mom), but last night...nothing.

So my introduction to my 'new group of friends'?

"Hello, I'm Jenn. And we have a great dog...."

Good thing I have Cary to make up for my lack of social skills...

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

Home group gets intersting with the kids....we have been leading our group for about a year. We currently have 4 couples and 12...yes 12 kids all under the age of 5!!!! Thank goodness we all have finished basements around here. We have a sweet high-school girl who watches them downstairs....it usually lasts an hour before they start trickling up. It is crazy chaos, but fun!!! We have amazing friends in 4 different states, all because of homegroups.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...