Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Down...

It started on Saturday with a thick throat and headache. But I toughed it out and went to play putt-putt with Helen, Brad, and Cary. It was a wonderful time, and we played with hard bets: whoever won got to choose where we eat. Whoever loses, pays.

The competition was really between the brothers Brad and Cary. Or maybe the competition was between Cary and Cary. I love to see him get his competitive edge! Helen and I stayed close in score, all the way through. But after 1 1/2 rounds and 3 lost balls later (all but one retrieved or new ones fished out of the pond), I (the score keeper) determined that Cary came in first, Brad second (by one), and Helen and I bringing up the rear (again by one point each).

**Edit: reading the above makes it sound like I chose Cary to be the winner because I was the scorekeeper. Not so--his eagerness to get ahead and stay ahead is what put him in first place. Brad, though was very close to his score. And Brad helped with the scorekeeping. I think he added a few points to Cary's score, just to try to even it out some...


I'll just say that Helen beat me because she scored the 1st hole-in-one, Cary the second, and Brad the third. Me? Well. We'll just kind of put that aside.

The lunch that Cary had chosen was a hamburger place called Balls. After the GPS led us all through North Dallas and back again, the parking lot showing where the place should be, but no luck. But, fortunately, there was a Cici's pizza...and 4 starving people.

After we were satisfactorily full, we made the drive back to Cary's parents. With one quick side trip. As we came to the red light at Hard Eight Barbeque, someone pointed out that there is a geocache there. Which became our next treasure hunt!

45 minutes later and down in some ditch with who-knows-what plant and being bit by some unknown insect species, we did not have any luck finding the silver canister surrounded by grey rocks. So that makes Cary's and my treasure hunting at 3 and 1.

The headache and sore throat continued throughout the rest of the day, which made me cancel the evening plans of going to Addison and seeing my high school friend, Clay, again. I haven't seen him since little Brylee was born. I miss him!

I was, however, in bed by 9:30 that evening, and didn't wake up again until 9:00 the next morning. Sunday was our visit to Cary's parents' (Brylee stayed Saturday with her T-ma and B-pa, and we spent part of our day there as well), Monday was back to work, and the headache and throat ache continued.

Today, I stayed home from work with a terrible headache, and now the sore throat is a thing in the past. But my head continues to pound, and I hope another early night into bed will help that.

Here's to hoping!

3 comments:

MommyTof3 said...

awh....{{HUGS}} Sorry Jenn-hope you get to feeling better soon:)

Jenn said...

From BradMc via Facebook:

hey look its me!

Jenn said...

From BradMc via Facebook:

I am sorry you were feeling bad. I didnt even know it.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...