Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Holiday Weekend Part II

Saturday was a busy and tiring day, but Sunday proved to not be any less crazy.

My cousin Kim is in town from Colorado for the week, so my dad's side of the family got together for some large family time.

On Sunday morning, we all met at Babe's in Sanger, where we ate some delicious chicken, green beans, corn, rolls, salad, and mashed potatoes. Brylee got to try some mashed potatoes, as well as her first lemon (no real response...though I got it on video!). She also joined her cousins in doing the Hokey Pokey and got a sticker!































After lunch, we all re-convened at my uncle's house where a Slip N' Slide was set up and water guns were filled. It was so incredibly hot outside, so I couldn't resist pulling off Brylee's clothing and letting her sit on the slip n slide and just get a little wet and cooler.

Kim and Erica's kids are so cute and adorable. Kim has 3 little girls, all 5 and under, but they are so sweet, outgoing, and well behaved. Erica has a 10 year old son who is such a character, and cracks me up whenever I see him. It's a shame I don't get to see them often, and when we do, it is so chaotic that we don't get a chance to really catch up.
















I was hoping to do more catching up on Monday, when I was going to visit their grandmother, my 'adopted' grandmother "Gangy", but unfortunately Gangy was not feeling well, so that opportunity fell through.

Kim and Erica--I miss those days when we got together, like Easter, or Thanksgiving, and just talk forever. We are all crazy busy now with our kids, and I hope that our kids have the same opportunities we did!

The time with the Jarvis' was so much fun, and I would love if we could make it more frequent for our gatherings. Since Kim and her family live in Colorado, we should get them involved via Skype...oh the fun it could be!

Happy Summer Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...