Sunday, June 20, 2010

Home Day Care: Week One In Review


Masterpiece Monday: went to Lewisville to try to find ideas for Father's Day. Got lucky and found an idea!

Tune Tuesday: listened to a variety of music, from kid's music to her mommy's favorites (The Monkees, The Newsboys, Chris Rice...)

Wonderful World Wednesday: Opa came over and played with Brylee while I went to a doctor's appointment. Then we had lunch with Cary, Opa, and Oma.

Theater Thursday: Had lunch with T-Ma and B-Pa. Afterwards, we got to join B-Pa/Poppy in going to Fry's while he checked out some computer things. She got to ride in a shopping cart for the first time, and while I used a chair cover for the high chair at Dickey's (another first), I forgot it when we went inside Fry's. But she loved the ride, and especially getting to be held by her Poppy!
The afternoon was occupied by us creating her Father's Day gift.

Field Trip Friday: We went on our first field trip to the grocery store!!!! (sarcastic excitement...) The rest of the day was spent completing the Father's Day Gift, painting and putting the finishing touches on the decorations for Uncle Brad's birthday party, and baking oatmeal raisin cookies for part of Cary's Father's Day Gift. At 4:30, Oma came and took Brylee to their house for an overnight stay!

I won't be posting this every week, but I want to remember what the first week was like for us. Each day we also had short Bible readings, attempted morning walks, and I would work with Brylee on colors and animals (she loves the cat and dogs sounds that I make), and see if we can get her used to the sippy cup. We also spend tons of time on the floor, trying to learn how to roll her ball, and even attempting to get her to crawl...which she is definitely showing signs of coming soon!

Now that the weekend is almost over, I'm looking forward to seeing what next week brings!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...