Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life as a Full Time McFadden

Today, so much changed.

I left my job today around 3:00 p.m. with mixed emotions, and many new and fun memories to boot. I put in my request on May 27, and had a vacation planned the following week. So, from the day I put in the notice, to my last day, I worked a total of 6 days. 6 days to wrap up everything.

Yesterday, my department celebrated with a food day. Celebrated? I guess that is the word because they ARE excited for me to become a stay-at-home mom, but at the same time, they are struggling with all the phone calls and backed up on the production. I had guilt for being able to walk out the door in a day with no more worries like that. But I stayed later than my schedule (I was to get off 2 hours and 45 minutes earlier to use up time coupons I had earned) because I hated seeing them in that position. Makes sense? That's ok. Just know that I was seeing the stress and wanted to help them through it.

Back to the food day--DELICIOUS snacks! Peanut butter pie, cheesecake, apple pie, chips and salsa, chocolate cake....oh my...I'm losing track of everything there was. But trust me...delicious!Today, our company celebrated our Founder's Day with another giant party. This time not in my honor (but we sure did joke that it was!). There was more delicious food (sandwiches, salad, chips, cookies, cake...) and games (Dice Roll, Ring Toss, Wheel O' Fortune, Rock Band, Golf, Bowling, Basketball, and Snack Cake Walk). 2 hours of fun!

I participated in the Dice Roll game 3 times, trying to earn tickets our supervisors. Whose ever team had the most tickets accumulated at the end of the game got a party of some sort. I never won any additional tickets, but I did get a good laugh out of it. A lot more than I anticipated. So much so, I accidentally lost track of time and was 25 minutes late back to my desk (please don't penalize me!!!!)

Around 2:45 today I went to my friends and said my goodbyes. I did miss a few friends, but I guess it was better for me because I was starting to break down with tears (sorry to embarrass myself to those who did see me!). Not much later, Mickey came and walked with me to the doors, where she took my badge (bad picture!) and said our goodbyes. Of course it was hard. I truly feel like this is a family to me. Thank you, State Farm, for being my work family.

Tomorrow I get to get the apartment ready. Ready for daily teaching, playing, feeding, and loving. Monday starts the new adventure. I am now excited about seeing my baby's beautiful face everyday and see her eyes light up as I introduce new things to her. Joy in convincing her to say her first words, crawl, take her first steps, and seek out new adventures.



I am ready.

2 comments:

autumn said...

I am so happy for you. This is time you just won't ever get back, and I know you are going to love every minute of it. Staying home with the kids for the last few years has been such a blessing, and I am really going to miss it!

Jenn said...

From Tammy Britton via Facebook:

BEST job in the WORLD!!!!!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...