Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Have You Hugged A Cancer Survivor Today?


Today marks the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness for the month of October. You've probably seen many foods/clothes/appliances colored pink to help raise funds for these things.

I want to encourage you to spend the extra money (if it really is more) to buy these items (men, don't be afraid to display the pink!) because proceeds go to research to finding the cure for Breast Cancer.



But I don't want to just stick with Breast Cancer awareness. Remember, there are so many other types of important causes out there: Every form of Cancer, Autism, MS, Parkinson's, Animal Rescue, Greenpeace... The list really is unending. I tend to watch for items and buy them if they are more likely to support a good cause. Go for a long walk and raise money--a great way to get healthy and support a great cause!

But remember, the best support you can give is to love, hug, and listen to stories from someone you know that has or survived cancer or any other ailement. They have gone through a lot--and a hug is so easy to give!





No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...