Sunday, October 26, 2008

Aaarrgghhh!!!

I don't know if it was the huge hit of Pirates of the Caribbean or dad's Safety Pirate theme for the Lewisville Safety Clowns a year ago, but pirates are HUGE right now!



What was originally going to be a 'cemetary' theme for our cake for the great party quickly turned into a Pirate theme when a visit to Toys R Us failed to provide any great cemetary decorations for under $70.


What we chose ended up working really well I think. And I think Cary agrees with me, because he likes to keep going back to the pictures of the finished creation and looking at them.






We baked the cake on Thursday with the anticipation of the next 2 days being super busy preparing for the party. And it's a good thing we did because we were busy on Friday and Saturday with de-gutting the pumpkins and the last minute errands on Saturday!






It was a large marble cake (a full sheet I believe) and it was fun to design and really colorful! The story behind it: 2 pirates row up on the shore of a desert isle and follow the map to where the treasure should be. They begin digging and they strike gold! Along with a skeleton that comes back to life and scares them away as he tries to protect his precious gold.

I added this last picture because it cracked me up: After crumbling up the cake for the grave, I dug the skeleton in there: "I'm so hungry; I haven't eaten in years!" I know--me and my child-like mind!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...