Sunday, October 26, 2008

In The Beginning...



There was the selecting of the pumpkins.


What was going to be a morning of walking through a pumpkin patch (or maybe just going to the closest store) with my parents and selecting a variety of pumpkins with "personalities" turned into a quick pick at the local Kroger.


Unfortunately mom was not feeling well on Friday night, and instead of going on Saturday to pick the pumpkins and de-gut them before the party, Cary and I decided it was best to do it Friday night and decorate the cake on Saturday. So, 4 became 2, but we had fun with the variety we got to choose from.


Afterwards, Cary and I loaded them into the car and drove to Lewisville to join my dad in the clean out process (which I refer to as de-gutting). 5 pumpkins=quite a mess! I wanted to get into a seed/goo fight with one of them, but both dad and Cary were less than enthusiastic about it--men!




With that process out of the way, Cary and I headed home, where we were happily asleep by 10:45 to get ready for a super busy day on Saturday!



P.S.--Mom is feeling better; it just sounds like she needed a good night's rest herself!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...