Sunday, October 26, 2008

Howl-O-Ween Party

Last night was yet another gathering at the Jarvis house with dear family and friends. And this theme (as you could guess by the title) was Halloween. I have 3 additional blogs about it below if you have not seen them yet (I know, I know...Good grief Jenn!)






Now, nothing here was really frightfully scary (unless you count my uncle's lack of costume) but I hope everyone had a great time like I did.















The costumes:
Mom was a medieval maiden
Dad was a Pirate (the baseball ones!)
Melissa was the Sock Monster (and she stole a lot of cute ones!)
SaBra was a dark fairy whose wings were snatched from her
Alex was a vet (great job throwing that together last minute!)
Erica and Austin came from a football game, so they werent' quite dressed up
And Bill, well, we gave him a hat for his dress-up!
And from previous posts, you know that Cary, Chester, and I were dressed as the Grinch characters.


The night started with hot dogs, chili, and chips and then moved on to cake. Cary and I made a big marble cake with a pirate story and SaBra brought a pumpkin-shaped chocolate cake--both were delicious in my opinion!



We had a pumpkin-carving contest, where we randomly were paired up with someone to make the best pumpkin. Mom and Alex were paired, Dad and Austin, SaBra and Bill, Cary and Erica, and Melissa and I. We took about 45 minutes to design and carve a pumpkin to see who won.



And the winner is: Austin and Dad!!! Austin walked away with the grand prize of a Mr. Potato Head, Play-Doh, and then the pirate toys from the cake--Lucky kid!

We finished off the night with SPOONS, which I lost, AGAIN! Bill walked off being the big winner this time--good job!

Bill brought his dog, Nina, along for the night, and Chester looked like he had so much fun with her. Whenever he got close to Nina (who is exactly like Chester except size, ears, and a white spot on the chest), she would growl (playfully) and Chester would tuck his tail under and run, only to return seconds later looking like he was ready to pounce. He slept well last night (thank you Nina!!!).

And it looks like our Christmas and New Year's parties are already planned out, thanks to the creativity of mom and Melissa!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...