Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I know that the New Year is still 8 hours away, but at work, we just toasted each other with Sparkling Grape Juice. Our row consists of 16 people, but 3 were missing today. But that didn't stop our good spirits in the 4:00 hour.

This moment symbolizes the closing of the East Coast Regional Offices for State Farm, and how there are only 2 more hours to go for us at the Agency Sales Resource Center to tell agents over and over again, "If the application is pending over Year End and is issued and paid for by 1/31/2009, the count and premium credit will go towards 2008"...yeah. I have been saying that all day. No joke. And even though agents have had ALL year to prepare, they are still calling with sob stories asking how they can meet the goals for travel. Best of luck to you! (All sarcasm aside of the previous statement, I do really mean that).

Anyways. We popped open a bottle or 2 of the Sparkling Grape juice and took turns going around saying what we are thankful for in the year 2008 (jobs, friends, laughter...) and then we toasted (the clicking of the plastic champagne glasses just didn't make the same sound as the beautiful glass or crystal ones). My supervisor, Mickey, joined us as well, downed her juice, and then threw her glass down onto the carpet with a flourish...makes me glad it was white juice and not the purple stuff! Thank you Mickey for the laugh!

A very Happy New Year to my friends and family, old and new, as well as to State Farm (I am emincely grateful for my job and friends here). May 2009 bring happiness, prosperity, and meeting your resolutions in no way the past years ever have before!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...