Monday, April 27, 2009

The Biggest Post Yet...

So, here it is: the Extremely Unique Weekend? Someone left a comment (if it was you, please let me know--I would love to know who it is!)

The scavenger hunt? Cary and I led our parents (mine on Friday, Cary's on Sunday) on a wild chase around their homes in a scavenger hunt.

My parents' clues led them to places like:

The Iguana:

I may be cold-blooded and I sit so serene
Cary may mistake me for red
But I’m thoroughly green

The garden:

Memories in red , yellows and green we hold so dear
Take in a deep breath—spring is in the air!

And a doll made by Marie Osmond:

I sit in a chair that was once a child’s
I’m created by an artist that makes you smile

Cary's clues led his parents to different rooms in the house:

Bathroom:

Second door on the right
Is where you make your stand,
But if it is the otherDon’t forget the fan!

Kitchen/Refrigerator:

Tasty with cake
Better when brown.
Happy clues
Come from happy cows.

Laundry room/game closet:

You searched from start to home
With great chary (defin: with great cautious and wariness).
If you get sent back
Then we are truly SORRY!
The end surprise was a poem at the end:

With your final clue you get to see
Your present, small as a green pea.
Opa and Oma (or T-Ma and B-Pa in my parents case), I hope your Special day was fun
Your special present is hidden in Jenn’s tum’.

So yes, the rumor is true--Cary and Jenn are going to be parents!

And the grandparents seem to be very excited! Slowly everyone is starting to know. As soon as mom found out, she tried calling everyone she knew, so a large amount of our family knows. I'm slowly telling my friends here and there...most might find out by this post!

I guess I'm nervous about telling the whole world because I haven't even had my 1st appointment yet. So I can't even tell a due date! Not to mention, I have to get the doctor's ok that all is well. So please say a prayer for us, as we embark on this new adventure called parenthood. But also for a safe, healthy 9 months!

So, Cary and I are excited. But currently there is nothing to make me feel like I am pregnant other than the exhaustion and EPT test. This is why I'm anxious for the first visit--hopefully hear a little heartbeat and bring me out of my state of shock!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Sorry I did not log in when I left the comment earlier! It was good to have that quick call with you-I just couldn't wait for the next blog update to confirm my suspicions!! :) That little green pea is going to be born into such a fantastic family. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy. It is such a wonderful time!

Clay Barker said...

Gongrats..... This is great news...

MommyTof3 said...

OH MY GOODNESSS!!!!!! How exciting!!!! Congratulations !!!

MommyTof3 said...

You will be in my prayers{{hugs}}You are in for a wonderful journey :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...