Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Letters To Baby

Dear Baby McFadden (playfully known as Wilgar),

I wanted to introduce you to your parents and some of your family, even though you are but a small poppy seed at this time.

I am crazy in love with your daddy. No one in the world makes me smile the way he does. But I've never even seen anyone love like he does either. Even when I'm in the worst of moods, he listens, and then finds some way to help me forget or smile, or just let it go. I am very honored to have him by my side.

I am not a perfect person. I'm sure you will see that as you grow. I love food (and I'm picky with it too!) I struggle with my weight. Today at work I decided to buy a bunch of fruit for me and my co-workers, to encourage healthy eating. But another co-worker brought donuts....and of course I couldn't resist the 1 time donut.

But what I do hope you see in me is the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let me tell you one thing: if you never learn anything else in life, know this: He is the true miracle. Because of Him we are living the life we have today. He is the reason why I have your daddy, and why I wake up in the morning feeling so blessed to have your grandparents.

Now on to the next thing: not everyone can call their parents their best friends. But I can. All my life my dad has been my hero. And you will grow to understand that. He is very devoted to Fire Safety, and to the Fire Department, for which he is "only" a reserve. But NEVER will anyone see a employed fire man more dedicated than he is. He is on call 24/7, ready to drop anything to help his friends in need. And all of his fire buddies see the same.

You will grow up to know his as B-Pa. And I cannot wait for him to meet you. You will be a shining light in his life. But you will also know his alternate id's: Ashes and Santa Claus. Santa picked him out especially so that he can dress like the big man in red and bring joy to all the little kids around Christmas time, while Santa himself runs around the North Pole making sure all last minute things are in place.

And then there is my mom, your T-Ma. One of the most selfless people you will ever meet. Growing up, she was always there for me, always the wise one, always willing to do whatever she could for me. She has big dreams for you, and I know when she meets you she will never want to let go.

As for your Oma and Opa--2 of the sweetest people I could ever meet. I have only known them for 2 years at this date, but I really enjoy being around them. They love playing games. They love going on vacation, they dream big. And I am blessed that I have family like them.

I could write all day about more of your family, including Aunt Faith, Uncle Brad, and Cousin Helen, but I suspect you will get to know them at your own time...no need to confuse you when you are still a tiny little seedling.

But know this: your daddy and I have only known about you for 1 week, and we are excited. Nervous and excited. We want to give you the world, to let you reach out and explore, to fall, and to get right back up again and continue. This world is a scary place, but we will be here for you, to help pick you back up, dust you off, and kiss your boo-boos. This adventure is new and exciting for all of us.

Love,

mommy


*********



My little one,

First off I want to let you know how much I love you. Even though I have not even seen you yet, you are still so precious to me. And let me tell you, your mother feels the same. We can not wait to get to know you and show you this big wonderful world.

As your mother said, we have so much love for each other, and we want to share that love with you. But as much love as we have, it pales to Christ’s love for you. You are the most precious thing to Him. When we fail you or let you down, He will not. He will always be there.

Our goals for you in this new adventure that you are starting are simple. We want you to see the love of your mother and I, we want you to know the love that Christ has for you, and we want you to have Joy in your heart to enjoy this life.

Now go, grow, and learn to laugh. We can’t wait for you to get here.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...