Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Trying To Play Catch-Up...

Sorry it's Tuesday and I haven't written about our weekend just yet. For the most part it was the same, with visiting my parents on Saturday evening after church and then Cary's parents on Sunday...but with bits of different in-between.

On Friday I went home "sick"...I say that with the quotations because it most likely was allergies (well, still feeling it), and I felt bad for going home, but when your job consists of talking on the phone all day and your throat is sore and you feel disoriented, it was just a good idea to go home and sleep. And that is what I did. When Cary left after lunch (Chunky soup!), I hopped on the bed and slept for about 2 1/2 hours. It felt so good! When I woke up, I thought I would feel good enough to go swing dancing that night, but Cary said, "No. No work, no play..." (sigh)...just like my mom used to say...

So instead we baked a cheesecake, settled down and watched Over The Hedge for the night. Not swing, but very enjoyable none the less.

On Saturday, Cary and I dropped Chester off into my parents backyard for a day of run and sun (thank you again T-ma and B-pa!) and went to visit my Uncle Bill's new home and to catch up with him, Ivan, and Nina. Their home is very nice, and the back yard is big! After a filling lunch of hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and cheesecake, Cary and I sat down and taught Ivan how to play 42 (and gave Bill a refresher). I never thought I'd be in the position to teach someone how to play that game!

This weekend was a good time, as always, and when Monday rolled around, of course I was sad. I miss my sleep!

Easter is this coming Sunday, so I'm looking forward to more family fun! Be on the lookout for more posts!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...