Thursday, December 31, 2009

And To All, A Goodnight!

Finally! Here I go with the post for our Christmas Day gathering!

We were snowed/iced in during Christmas Eve, and mom was wonderful to take care of Brylee in the morning after she woke up (did I mention she's a morning person, up around 4:00 every morning?), so Cary and I got a little more sleep.

After we woke up, we ate some cinnamon rolls and got dressed. Cary checked out the road and afters sliding around a bit, we loaded everything together and attempted our way home.

We made it home safely, took a moment to change clothes and freshen up, grab the gifts for Cary's family, and then went sliding to their house.



Ok, ok...the roads between our apartment and his parents' house were not bad at all, mostly because it was past 10:00 in the morning and the sun was out. But it was still slightly nerve-racking!

We made it safely to Brenda and Gary's, and not long after that, Brad, Faith, Helen, and Mema arrived. It was good to see them, and it was fun to watch them go straight to Brylee and look at her.

Lunch was delicious: turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, rolls, fruit salad, and beans. We followed up with chocolate, cherry, and apple pies, ice cream, and Mema's special pound cake. Chocolate still is, and always will be, my favorite!

And don't forget the gifts! We opened up all of our presents, which included a knitting kit for me (I get to learn!), a GPS for Cary (actually 2!), an activity mat for Brylee, a beautiful framed print of Woodstock, VT's shopping center, a teddy bear reminiscent of one Cary had as a kid, and a beautiful Italian Charms bracelet that I get to add links to!

Check out the website for Italian Charms here:

www.pugster.com

There was so much more we got for Christmas, but since it has been nearly a week, I have not remembered all of it. I need to go take pictures!

After opening gifts, we had a great time talking, playing with our new toys (Helen got a karoke machine, which Cary got the most fun out of), and just spending time together. I can't wait for Brylee to be old enough to join in and understand what a great family she has around her.

Cary, Chester, Brylee, and I made our way home that evening to celebrate our Christmas. This was originally going to be the morning celebration, but obviously Mother Nature had other thoughts. But the night was special!

Brylee got an Elf on the Shelf, some Dallas Stars onsies, and a little bible. Cary got a shirt, a cd, a book, and a framed Hopper print for our dining room. I got a cd, calendar, and a knitting kit (2!)...and of course the amazing glider and ottoman I got early for those late nights with Brylee. And Chester was also spoiled by getting a really nice bed!

What an amazing Christmas! I am so truly blessed with everything, especially my family. I love being with them, and with the snow on the ground this year, it was so magical.

I hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as we did. Today is now New Year's Eve, and I plan on having a great time tonight with more family again, watch for a post soon (or as soon as Brylee will allow!)

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...